In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Iran says it's ready for full-fledged" war.

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Politics
The gauntlet has been thrown down! Iran is ready to wage full fledge war with The USA! I wonder If The United nations can intervene now or later to save face after seeing who won first? I wonder if that turkey has tactical nukes feathers in it's wings? :shock:

serf

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-says-its-ready-for-war-with-us-after-saudi-oil-attack-accusations-11810252

Iran has dismissed US accusations it was behind drone attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil plants, and warned it is ready for a "full-fledged" war.

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    interesting response....seems many in the world now see AMERICA as weak and confused so it is time to assert there authority.....

• HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    The next war is going to be enhanced radiation bombs (ERW-neutron bombs). 5 Kilton carpet bombing with mostly air burst. With some intercontinental bunker busters.

I honestly think Trump is willing to try something new and different instead of throwing American lives away in protracted wars of attrition.

Iran destroyed the Saudis oil capabilities forcing the end-users to back them for their oil supplies. Trump has seen this coming and has consolidated much of America's capabilities inside its borders with supply lines, not as dependant on foreign deliveries.

Ameria is oil independent, it can afford to do without Iranian oil, and if need be could take down Venuzula pretty quickly.

And as a sidebar, a few oopsies tossed into Sader city and a few other spots in southwestern Iraq would solve a lot of problems. And the Taliban might even pull their horns in, one of the easier lessons to learn is through somebody elses pain

I honestly think the upside cancels most of the downsides. Europe is going to scream, so screw'em. They have their own problems, a recession, and the EU is on the verge of disintegration.

I'm sure the U.S. also has a few surprises nobody has seen yet, Trump has hinted at this a few times. The only real question is if the U.S. has enough Tomahawks to get the job done? And I'm eager to see the surprises that Trump hinted at.

And politically one way to get reelected is to start a war. Tried and proving tactic.

Turkey wants the Kurds gone from northern Iraq, the Kurds dead in northern Syria, everything north of the Euphrates river in Syria and Allepo.

The wild card is if Russia makes a move threatening a second front for the U.S. or North Korea or even China as a second or third front.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pakistan Said they have 125g nukes ready to go with any war that comes. I wonder if one could ever get lost and then shows up in Israel, of course, it would be too late for the whole Middle East then.
    serf
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/pakistan-has-tactical-nuclear-bombs-as-small-as-125-250-grams-minister/articleshow/70950455.cms

Pakistan has tactical nuclear weapons as small as 125-250 grams which are capable of destroying a targeted area, like Railways. Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad has claimed, amidst fresh Indo-Pak tensions over Kashmir.
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iran says a lot of stuff. They fought Iraq for what, eight years? My guess is twenty minutes and then maybe a whole day. Twenty minutes for the U.S. to completely destroy their navy and a day to wipe out their air force.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iran = Glass ashtray.

Dresden, Hiroshima
    Tehran

To win - go all in.
    No boots-- just BOOM for the sand fleas.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF the USA should engage in war activities with Iran, not one ground troop should set foot in Iran.

The entire engagement should be with missiles, drones and air dropped bombs.

After they are decimated, not a single cent should be expended in/on that country for "rebuilding', etc.

ANY and all "needs of the people" remaining can be paid, in cash, by that country.

The ONLY way the radical Muslims have been driven back into the dark ages is by force ... much like when the US Marines beat them into submission on the shores of Tripoli many decades ago.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
    edited November -1
    surprised the tripoli muzzy survivors current relation have not sued the USA for reparations...???not that it would anymore valid than the current minority whining >>>>>>>
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:
    Pakistan Said they have 125g nukes ready to go with any war that comes. I wonder if one could ever get lost and then shows up in Israel, of course, it would be too late for the whole Middle East then.
    serf
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/pakistan-has-tactical-nuclear-bombs-as-small-as-125-250-grams-minister/articleshow/70950455.cms

Pakistan has tactical nuclear weapons as small as 125-250 grams which are capable of destroying a targeted area, like Railways. Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad has claimed, amidst fresh Indo-Pak tensions over Kashmir.

I would believe 125 - 250 Kilogram nukes. Perhaps even 250 Lb. nukes.

125 - 250 grams is some pretty stupid reporting.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are we waiting on our marching orders from the Saudi's to attack Iran ??.... I hear not a peep out of them and it's their homeland that was attacked, I think they should go first and shed some of their blood.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As noted Liybia thought they were pretty tough, Barracks brother Sadam thought he was a bad * too, I say take out anything in Iran that isn't farming and move on.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mogley98 wrote:
    As noted Liybia thought they were pretty tough, Barracks brother Sadam thought he was a bad * too, I say take out anything in Iran that isn't farming and move on.

Libya and Iraq are some interesting examples. I do not believe the world would be a safer place if the same policies were employed in Iran.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those towel heads are all bluff and bluster---until the bullets start flying. Like the school yard bully who harasses the bespectacled paunchy kid but runs away when the victim retaliates.
    edited November -1
    To win a war, one must destroy the enemies will to fight.

Anything less, is a loss.

;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

edited November -1
    put up an electronic barrier around Iran that returns all their drones to the Toys R Iran stores ...game over
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:
    The gauntlet has been thrown down! Iran is ready to wage full fledge war with The USA! I wonder If The United nations can intervene now or later to save face after seeing who won first? I wonder if that turkey has tactical nukes feathers in it's wings? :shock:

serf

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-says-its-ready-for-war-with-us-after-saudi-oil-attack-accusations-11810252

Iran has dismissed US accusations it was behind drone attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil plants, and warned it is ready for a "full-fledged" war.

Clearly, Iran has NO IDEA of the firepower the USA could rein down upon them.
    :lol:

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    serf wrote:

serf

Clearly, Iran has NO IDEA of the firepower the USA could rein down upon them.
    :lol:

All depends if they use total war Tactics and The USA kills thousands of civilians then Iran could get some decent help from their allies.Sooner or later there will be a conflict with them and then a false peace in the whole region. It was seen and foretold by a greater power long ago.

serf

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-08/05/c_138285771.htm

Some articles of this agreement are classified but overall, it is aimed at expanding military cooperation between the two countries," he said, adding that "the agreement can be called the first of its kind between the two sides."

The deal is a "turning point" in military cooperation between Iran and Russia, he pointed out.
    edited November -1
    Putin's goal is to rebuild the Soviet Unions former glory.....why shouldn't Trump try to win them to our side instead of them joining up with our mid east adversaries ?????????????????? ...but NOOOOO the demoncraps want to crucify Trump for a possible policy WIN.....
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Saudi?s buy more weapons from us than anybody else. The Iranians attack them(and it?s on film). Why don?t THEY do something about it. Why should we do it. But then it comes as no surprise because the Saudi?s import tons of outside people to do lots of manual labor.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The towel heads have been "at war" for ages w/o any clear winner/loser. Their idea of war is attack defenseless or hopelessly out numbered opposition and then run away to brag about the heinous act. Put them face to face on even ground and they're not so inclined to "go to war".
    Reminds me of a moment in my misguided youth when I thought it was a good idea to make some time with a somewhat trashy female one late fall evening. The next time I went to town for an evening's entertainment, the female's fiancee(she didn't seem to have either a fiancee or a ring the previous Saturday night) and 3 of his "gang" (really seemed like just 4 similar losers in an old Ford Galaxy) approached my car. They made some threats and challenged my actions with the female suggesting I was invading "their territory". When they asked if I wanted to "rumble" (I'm sure they'd heard that at the drive movies) I just reached behind the seat and presented a pump 12 gauge and asked when they wanted to start. I'll bet there wasn't any tread left on the rear tires of that old Galaxy by the time they got out of sight.
    Four against one looked like pretty good odds until the playing field evened up.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger41 wrote:
    The Saudi?s buy more weapons from us than anybody else. The Iranians attack them(and it?s on film). Why don?t THEY do something about it. Why should we do it.

EXACTLY!!
    edited November -1
    no one is afraid of the USA any more as we have degenerated into ankle biters instead of wolfhounds.....go in an nibble around with ROEs that get us dead and maimed then send in tons of money supposedly to rebuild their crap......some one in the military needs to study the history of the MONGOL invasions of this region....the most advanced mobile army in the world......read "The Lost Centuries" by Sir John Glubb and understand real total warfare...
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The politically connected get the rebuild contracts.
    And gas company bribes. :lol:
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't the Obama administration give Iran billons or dollars ????????