In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Empty Shot Bags For Range

penguin1penguin1 Member Posts: 97
Looking For 6

cardinal188@yahoo.com

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yard sale or thrift store Levis or jeans pants legs. I have shot bags I filled with bagged rice, or sand and have ones with actual shot.
  • Options
    HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    I use something similar to the bank deposit money bags found on Amazon. Dalix bank bags, two for $6.29. They have six or seven packs of fake leather bank bags for less than twenty bucks

Old Levi pants legs also work well but they are hard to sew.

I found some freezer bags that fit well inside the money deposit bags, double bag and fill with sand. If you don't use a plastic liner really fine dust can migrate through the fabric.

I prefer the sand for the weight, but you can actually buy plastic bead filler.
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old guy at the club filled shot bags with, I think, polystyrene beads and boiled them till they swelled to his liking. I have several that I shoot off of. Some solid, some cushy, all light weight.
  • Options
    Ozzie50Ozzie50 Member Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    I made some using all the shotgun primers I saved for several years. Double bagged them. Lighter than sand bags to carry and move around. Never had a primer poke through when using a bag inside another bag.