In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can it be they're impeaching because they know their former ally well and they think he needs to be

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Politics
Trump could be a creation of the banks or the Democrat party itself, or other super-rich interests most of us don't understand.

Perhaps he's not as smart as his father who made all the money. Not dumb, but not multibillionaire smart. What if they were throwing him a little help to keep him building wealth? Insider information, that sort of thing.

Perhaps they occasionally make a powerful thug so he could provide them various forms of assistance.

Maybe when he doesn't do their bidding he goes bankrupt because the help stops.

Knowing this, the Democrat party firmly declined his interest in becoming president. Maybe they don't want the smartest guy in the room for the job, but there wasn't anything strong enough for the Democrat party to control him with once he became president. Plus, it would mean he was a little crooked. Maybe what he does for them hurts people. Plus, it may all come out someday and embarrass the party.

Unlike, hypothetically speaking, if BHO's Kenyan birth certificate had been purchased by the Democrat party from former Kenyan revolutionaries who ransacked and hid it in the early 1960s from some colonial government office.

Trump could afford to lose his personal fortune if he had been president. One could afford to live comfortably, with Secret Service protection, after being president. Meaning they can't control him by cutting off the help and causing another bankruptcy.

Think about it: the power and security of his money may be the main thing he can't do without if he has enemies, but if the Secret Service protects you, then it's ok to live on a presidential pension and book deals.

Of course, he wanted to be president. He's probably done it all as a very rich person. Even before the Democrats spurned him and brushed him aside.

So he contrived a plan to get himself elected by gauging what issues the rank and file conservative would vote for.

And all he has to do is be his somewhat incompetent, brusque self and everyone will soon be busy not cooperating with his agenda, and his family can keep making money from cheap immigrant labor developing real estate.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many theories have you just rolled into one post? Keep in mind there are 3 levels of thought about most subjects.

1. Fact - 1st hand knowledge of an action or event
    2. Hearsay - 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... hand knowledge of action or event usually less accurate as chain of communication lengthens.
    3. Theory - usually based on far down the chain hearsay. Always contaminated by ones bias and the biases of those in the chain.

Example: I go outside and make an observation the sky is blue. The person I tell this to mentions it to the next guy but says I missed seeing a cloud. That guy wonders if my eyesight is getting bad and mentions that to the next guy. By the time the story has done its course people will be asking me how long I have been blind.

You can't get much more bias than with political stories that quickly evolve into unfounded by fact theories. It's easy to fall into that trap and it seems most want to be told these theories if it supports their biases and they can the take the easy way out by ignoring anything factual and not having to think for themselves.

So in answer to your question - no. Bob
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are impeaching him knowing they will loose, only to cover their butts later when the IG report and others come out they can then use the impeachment as precedence, trump was found not guilty so even though hillary and biden/obamy, and all the democrapts involved, did the same thing they are not guilty because trump is not guilty........
    edited November -1
    Recall his first attempt to get the Democratic nomination was in 1988.

How much has the Democratic party shifted in the last 30 years? How many of the current far left Dems were even involved 30 years ago? Didn't you say that many of Trumps goals were the same as Bill Clintons? Didn't Obama express some of the same ideas as Trump?

Perhaps you should consider that this is nothing but a power grab by the dems that were frustrated by the last election. KISS applies to most things in life including politics. Bob
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    So in answer to your question - I don't feel like thinking about it. Bob
    FIFY.

Schiff could probably use you in redoing the transcripts :lol: Bob
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    Recall his first attempt to get the Democratic nomination was in 1988.
    How much has the Democratic party shifted in the last 30 years? How many of the current far left Dems were even involved 30 years ago? Didn't you say that many of Trumps goals were the same as Bill Clintons? Didn't Obama express some of the same ideas as Trump?
    Is a politician immune from the power grab just because they're pandering to you?

You mean Trump's current goals. Do you know anything about what he would have stood on in 1988? Can it be that the Democrats spurned him time and again, and he figured out a way he could get rank and file Republicans, working class moderates, and the black vote on his side, just to get elected?
    Perhaps you should consider that this is nothing but a power grab by the dems that were frustrated by the last election. KISS applies to most things in life including politics. Bob
    Perhaps you should consider that Trump's swing to the right is nothing but a power grab. KISS applies to most things in life, including thugs who expect favors and get brushed aside.

Trumps platform or ideals of 30 years ago are unimportant. People change over time. Remember the democrats were all for border security until Trump starting running for office.

Nope, I really don't think of it as a power grab as he was legally elected to his office. Unlike some previous holders of that office he has tried to fulfill a lot of his campaign promises. If the dems are able to force him from office then that is what I would call a power grab. All politicians pander to the wants of the voters. Most of Trumps promises (pandering) are realistic achievable goals. So far from the left all I have heard are pie in the sky plans that are not practical or achievable. That's Pandering with a capital P. If any of them get elected, we will all soon be broke or at least coping with a lower standard of living. Then the party of doom and gloom will try to make us feel guilty that we are surviving and come up with more ways to take what little we have left.

I believe I stated I don't particularly like Trump, but the alternatives are a helluva lot worse. Bob
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems politics is packed with people who are genuinely incompetent and unable to hold a REAL productive job.......and no term limits is equal to tenure for a liberal college prof