In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem should just file Bankruptcy

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
Pay the O's billions and fold stiff the piss ant lawyers and flip off the Supreme Court
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep... and open up again under a new name .
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Remington filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year, which allowed them to restructure their debt. They are now out of bankruptcy. I'm not a CPA (although we have a CPA in the forum), but I would say it is highly unlikely that a company can file for bankruptcy again after such a short interval.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sucks that Remington has to continue fighting this in court but seems pretty likely they will eventually win.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sucks that Remington has to continue fighting this in court but seems pretty likely they will eventually win.

There should be no question that a legal product that performs as designed and advertised should be immune from prosecution if that product does in fact perform as advertised.

If Monsanto/Bayer can be sued and forced to pay $ 2 billion because a weed killer is dangerous to living things, I would not place a whole lot of money on Remington winning.

If pharmaceutical companies can be sued to the tune billions because they manufacture pain killers that effectively kill pain, I would not necessarily place a whole lot of money on Remington winning.

A jury of ignoramuses could find Remington's advertising and marketing just a bad as was found on the aforementioned. Frankly it would not surprise me at all.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele