In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

remington 700 with picatinny rail ?

jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Ask the Experts
I am thinking I need to bring my scope back for a better view by installing a one piece rail. my question I have is, does the one piece rail make it hard to load the 700 remington ? its in 30-06 thanks

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a one piece on a SA .308. No troubles loading it at all.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a bit less handy with a one piece base but not impossible.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're used to loading through the top port now, adding a rail will just change the hand position of the reloading of your magazine. These rails will be relieved on either the side and the bottom or just the bottom of the rail to facilitate reloading the magazine.

MI-700RSA-2.jpg?v-cache=1493727705

21ZqLq6GuKL.jpg
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What base and rings and scope is on your gun now? (reason I ask is you may have other options that are more user friendly)

I use Rem 700's and I use mounts that leave the receiver ports easily accessible and is why I ask.
    I liked one piece bases few years ago but found that I like other bases/rings setups better for the Rem 700's.