In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What is the best way to sell this Uzi?

Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20
edited November 2019 in Ask the Experts
Does this look like excellent condition?
Are these pictures good enough?
Is this a pre-ban Uzi?
I have the original hard case and the booklet.
What other things do I need to know to make the sale most effective?
What kind of a price can I expect?

https://ibb.co/album/hYkzDv

Comments

• RIA10MMRIA10MM Member Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a nice model B
    Yes pre ban
    Barrel 3 digit number match serial number? Owners manual serial number match?
    Need some pics of the black plastic gun case.
    With a good FFL selling the Uzi
    $1500/1600 ish
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes it is preban. It is the model B, which is the most common of the two variations. Model A being the other variation, but you've probably guessed that. The photos are great, but if you have the case and the booklet be sure to include photos of those items because bidders like to see them. Looking at the photos makes it look to be in excellent condition, but you've got the firearm in front of you, so you know the condition better than I do. If I could predict things like final auction prices I wouldn't waste my time on GB, I'd be in the commodities markets 24-7. Do an auction search for Uzis see what kinds of bids are being tossed around. I'm old school. Photos are great, but a nicely detailed listing which points out not only the best aspects of the firearm, but also any issues, particularly any scratches, nicks or dings. Having a few scratches doesn't matter, as long as the buyer knows about them ahead of time.

When you list the Uzi, go over to the General Discussion forum and do a "Shameless Plug" thread with a link to the auction. Good luck.
  • Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20
    edited November -1
    RIA10MM wrote:
    Looks like a nice model B
    Yes pre ban
    Barrel 3 digit number match serial number? Owners manual serial number match?
    Need some pics of the black plastic gun case.
    With a good FFL selling the Uzi
    $1500/1600 ish

The Barrel, Gun and Booklet Serial number all match.
    The Booklet serial number fell off and I reattached it with glue stick. It is slightly misaligned.
    I am selling this myself and do not have a FFL.
    Is it best to sell it with no reserve and no minimum bid?

https://ibb.co/album/dTXnYv
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I've been with GB for over 17 years and I can tell you in all honesty that bidders do not like reserves. Reserves are disliked to such a degree that the auction search program has a function which allows you to skip over any listings which have a reserve.
    edited November -1
    I've been with GB for over 17 years and I can tell you in all honesty that bidders do not like reserves. Reserves are disliked to such a degree that the auction search program has a function which allows you to skip over any listings which have a reserve.

What about starting bids like this starting bid?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844988263
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

To damn high! It won't sell. If you have the nuts, and had some type of transactions on here, start it at 1.00 for like 9 days. You will get the market for that week. IMO only
    The reason a dollar start it is a special type rifle and there is a following, unlike listing Mossberg 500's which there are probably 30 pages of them.
    edited November -1
    [/quote]

To damn high! It won't sell. If you have the nuts, and had some type of transactions on here, start it at 1.00 for like 9 days. You will get the market for that week. IMO only
    The reason a dollar start it is a special type rifle and there is a following, unlike listing Mossberg 500's which there are probably 30 pages of them.
    [/quote]

That is exactly the answer that I expected. I just wanted to be sure. I found that I could get the full market price (minus fees) by no reserve and tiny starting bid.

Although the price of that gun seems high, his presentation seems quite good.
    I forgot all about my gun strap and large capacity magazine.