In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard on the news this morning that Pat Sajak also has stage 4 pancreatic concer. Vanna White has taken over the show.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hadn't heard Sajak had cancer, he had an operation for a blocked intestine. Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    November8, 2019

The Wheel of Fortune taping on Thursday 11/7 was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine. He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has stepped in as host.

Not cancer.

Best.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stage 4 pancreatic cancer is a death sentence.

Time to start smoking and drinking like you were 18 again ;)
    RLTW

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

That's what got my mom. Lasted 9 months from day of diagnosis.
    edited November -1
    RobOz wrote:
    Sam06 wrote:

That's what got my mom. Lasted 9 months from day of diagnosis.

Got my Dad and it is a terrible death sentence.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While it's probably a death sentence - and the decline of health as the cancer spreads and the side effects of focused radiation treatment and platinum based chemo therapy closely resemble the suffering described in the book of Job or the tortures referenced in Dante's inferno...

I have managed for 3 years to stay one step ahead of the grim reapers scythe - or the non violent gentle touch of thanatos skeletal finger - or hypnos release in peaceful sleep...

I have avoided or eluded the rider on a pale horse as described in revelations 6:8...

I make no claim of special ability or status - but I can be recognized as a witness to the possibility of survival - I may be referenced in connection to the possibility of survival or extension of life itself...

While statistically the odds of survival are damn slim - I am still not dead so there may be hope...

Mike
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your not 79 either mike.
    RLTW

• gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not that it matters, but isn't John Lewis the idiot that was concerned if we increased the population of a Marine base on Guam that Guam would capsize?
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was Hank Johnson, D-Georgia. "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize...". 4/1/10 Armed Services Comm. hearing.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not that it matters, but isn't John Lewis the idiot that was concerned if we increased the population of a Marine base on Guam that Guam would capsize?
    That came from Rep. Hank Johnson , Here is a compilation of his genius.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmYlCJ70z8
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a fan of the man or his politics but I couldn't wish illness on anyone, I pray for the best outcome for him.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lewis is the picture of term limits. What has he done other than get rich in his poverty ridden district. He hates people like us, he is n abysmal person full of hate. Sorry, but I don't wish the guy anything but health, but he is imo an evil person filled with racism/
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The former owner of my son's company had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and has lived to tell about it. Money makes a big difference in how long you last. He's a billionaire and received the latest of everything in his treatment.

Look at Jimmy Carter. He had inoperable brain cancer and when he's not falling down he's still walking around. Anyone of us would be long gone. Well, except for Mr. Mike, nothing will ever take him down.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mogley98 wrote:
    Not a fan of the man or his politics but I couldn't wish illness on anyone, I pray for the best outcome for him.

I agree with this quote. Money and time make the difference.

My brother had Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer 11 years ago and did not survive it. Back then there were totally different protocols for treating Pancreatic cancer then there are today.

Today's protocols are much more targeted for Pancreatic cancer rather then the general treatment that my brother got.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was Hank Johnson, D-Georgia. "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize...". 4/1/10 Armed Services Comm. hearing.
    I stand corrected.
    Thank you,
    Ed
    edited November -1
    I was hoping he would get to see Trump re elected.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping he would get to see Trump re elected.
    it may be close for him timewise, but I doubt if he would ever believe it, in the world he lives in Hillary is president.....he will be another signing impeachment papers on his deathbed......
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mogley98 wrote:

+10
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys I stand corrected and I apologize for my mistake. All I can say is that it sucks getting old. :o:D
  • jrentjrent Member Posts: 89
    edited November -1
    I thought he was already dead. A little searching and it was Elijah Cummings who died as they both look a lot a like.

$
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As someone who has had stage 4 cancer i wish sickness on no one.

I do not want anyone to have the flu.

However their are a few people i would like to get in a fight with.

Hell i dont even care if i win i just want to hit them at least once. LOL