In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TX Church Shooting....a Shifting Story...

FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Anyone else notice how the story/headlines in the media (even Fox) are progressively shifting away from the "armed citizen/ccw" narrative? Every time I refresh the Fox page, the headline changes more and more. Good grief. Another few hours and the guy will be portrayed as a uniformed, on-duty police officer, and the other folks carrying/responding will not even be mentioned.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    And the perpetrator will still be dead.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. They don?t want the peasants to believe they can defend themselves!
    Frogdog wrote:
    Anyone else notice how the story/headlines in the media (even Fox) are progressively shifting away from the "armed citizen/ccw" narrative? Every time I refresh the Fox page, the headline changes more and more. Good grief. Another few hours and the guy will be portrayed as a uniformed, on-duty police officer, and the other folks carrying/responding will not even be mentioned.
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever is was, ex-FBI, volunteer security, or Bubba, he sure is milking his 15-minutes of fame. Wanna bet it was the other guy that actually nailed the SOB?
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    truthful wrote:
    Whatever is was, ex-FBI, volunteer security, or Bubba, he sure is milking his 15-minutes of fame. Wanna bet it was the other guy that actually nailed the SOB?

If indeed he did stop the shooter then I think he should get all the accolades from the press he can stand. After all the amount of media coverage they have given to past mass murderers has been extensive. For a change lets ignore the bad guy and give the good guy all the coverage. If they don't give the bad guys name, description, political persuasion it would be fine with me. It would be hard to go out famous or infamous if no one knows your name. Bob
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, keep the story on the good guys and let the bad guy fade to oblivion.
    edited November -1
    What an odd comment.

Ge is essentially willing to address all the comments that we (the legal gun owners) ask every time something like this happens.

He is in his 70?s and lives in Granbury TX. Not exactly out for fortune & fame.
    truthful wrote:
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1st regardless of his actual position or title in private life ,, I am glad he ended the POS life and saved who knows how many innocent lives and money for trial and endless appeals
    however I just pointed out to my wife it went from four who returned fire to one armed church member and one who did the shooting happened to be a off duty LEO ( possible ex FBI ) firearms trainer , the media can not stand its possible for just a normal citizen using a firearm to stop a bad guy it would just go against there agenda
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does it matter if the guy was retired fbi, Leo or off duty? The bottom line is the public is perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves.

Morons like Joe Biden believe we are incapable of doing it without the government doing it for us.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and ya notice all the PC screen blobs on the news so of us are not offended by the bad guy getting his due death ????
    edited November -1
    Did you see the video?
    GreatGuns wrote:
    The first thing that crossed my mind was, what if the so-called "perpetrator" was simply a newcomer to the church and exercised his right to carry? With their self-professed "security" not being plain clothed officers (say, off duty), the wrong look or movement may have set-off the entire engagement. I hope I'm wrong, but good intentions can go south quickly with just the right mix of the wrong elements. ;)

Jim

EDIT: Just read that the shooter had prior felonies (may not possess firearm), so his intent seems clear now. Good kill, albeit after a good guy bought it.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    truthful wrote:

Maybe Clint Eastwood will make a movie about him? He's doing the Atlanta Olympics dude.