In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Embassy under seige

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
In Baghdad.

I had a buddy that worked security there. I think its the biggest and most secure embassy we have. I know its the most expensive.

Looks like the hezbolla and iran are behind it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-iraq-airstrikes-protests-american-embassy-baghdad-anger-over-strikes-iran-militia-today-2019-12-31/

They should just open up on them with a M2.
RLTW

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't understand the restraint we're showing, I would think we'd want to put a very quick end to this kind of behavior.
    If more of 'em get upset about that, well then, I guess that just shows you which side they're on.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rules of Engagement.

Pretty stupid in a War Zone, (IMHO) but there you go. We can not beat our Enemies by being the most Civil.
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...aaannnddd, the Iraqi "security forces" did not one damn thing to help. Big surprise there huh? Screw the ROE, all in or all out.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at the pictures and the videos it is a target rich environment where a flame thrower would be a great force multiplayer along with the 50 cal.

During the civil war in Sierra Leon the Marines guarding the embassy shot anyone who crossed a line, the word got around............fast ;)
    RLTW

edited November -1
    I predicted we would have trouble with Iran this year. They are begging to get sorted out.
    RLTW

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will be interesting. Revenge is best served on a cold platter. The iron fist under a velvet glove on high value Iranian targets using drones would be nice.
    Payback for many things including the hostage deal from many years ago...
    "What is truth?'
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:
    Will be interesting. Revenge is best served on a cold platter. The iron fist under a velvet glove on high value Iranian targets using drones would be nice.

I was in during the Iran Hostage Crisis, many years ago. That whole debacle sucked, and showed the ineptitude of our Leaders, and untested/untried (untrained) Joint Service ventures, for PC reasons.

Carter was an Idiot.
    edited November -1
    100+ Marines now sent to bolster embassy security, Apache gunship flying cover. Sen. Lindsey Graham "...there will be no Benghazi's on Trump's watch...". About time.
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:

I was in during the Iran Hostage Crisis, many years ago. That whole debacle sucked, and showed the ineptitude of our Leaders, and untested/untried (untrained) Joint Service ventures, for PC reasons.

Carter was an Idiot.

I knew several guys who were on that mission 1-75 and SFOD-D guys. It was a goat screw from the get go because of the High Ranking officers screwing it up and wanting a piece of the action.

The guys on the ground did a great job and showed real bravery in the face of disaster. This is one of the driving factors or standing up SOCOM the other was Operation Urgent Fury.

Yes Carter was an idiot but this was not his fault it was the fault of the General officers. He was just dumb enough to go along with it.
    RLTW

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good friend, and one of GB Forum's own is in there. I won't say who, or in what capacity, many of you can guess, but I ask you don't post it here. I do ask you to say a prayer for him, and hope those Marines get the street cleaned up.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    President Donald Trump will NOT sit on his hands like Obama and H. Cliton did when the embassy in Benghazi was attacked and then over run.
    ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    President Donald Trump will NOT sit on his hands like Obama and H. Cliton did when the embassy in Benghazi was attacked and then over run.
    ;)

I agree. We will see some retribution for this. (As is appropriate.) Like the Israeli's, it should be - If You F' with us, you can expect 10 fold back. That is the only way you instigate fear in these Bassturds. JDAM on your House/neighborhood. Your phone blowing up in your hand. As it should be.

How do you like me now?
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    ;)

Perhaps we should drop a few Pit Bulls, on their *? (Right Q&D?) Or is that not PC?

Those Bassturds deserve nothing more than about a dozen or more PB's on their *, as well as the subsequent proper recourse/retaliation.

Unless of course, that would not be PC. :o :shock: :? ;)
    edited November -1
    Perhaps we should drop a few Pit Bulls, on their *?

Yea Pit bulls with AIDs :lol:
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

My Dog, as I am sure most PB's would not need that advantage. Kick * & Take names.

Or not. (We do not really care, what your name is/was.)
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    ;)
    Agreed. There?s going to be a reckoning very soon.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    ;)
    Agreed. There?s going to be a reckoning very soon.

Be careful what you wish for! Baghdad is closer to Iran than We The USA are. China, Russia,Iran & Turkey are watching. In any case it has been foretold in The Holy Bible.

serf
  • redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

or just go to any southern state and round up a big bunch of wild hogs , haul them over there and turn them loose
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

or just go to any southern state and round up a big bunch of wild hogs , haul them over there and turn them loose

Believe it or not there are a heap of wild hogs along the Tigris river.
    RLTW

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So another front in 2020? Great... It's like "Starship troopers" where the middle easterners are the bugs and there is no end. Maybe a Q-Bomb?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get TOUGH...damned fed up with "allies" that demand our money and sacrifice and sit by do nothing on their end except * about our help...bring our guys and money HOME and >>>> MAGA <<<<
    edited November -1
    The Alert Brigade of the 82nd is spooling up right now to deploy to Kuwait in support of troops in Iraq and the Embassy. I would bet at least one BN of the 75th is on alert or maybe even deployed in the area plus several SF units that specialize in NEO operations.

Its getting ugly.

The Iraqi security forces need to break this crap up or they will look like the bunch of losers they are.
    RLTW

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    wpageabc wrote:

Carter was an Idiot.

I knew several guys who were on that mission 1-75 and SFOD-D guys. It was a goat screw from the get go because of the High Ranking officers screwing it up and wanting a piece of the action.

The guys on the ground did a great job and showed real bravery in the face of disaster. This is one of the driving factors or standing up SOCOM the other was Operation Urgent Fury.

Yes Carter was an idiot but this was not his fault it was the fault of the General officers. He was just dumb enough to go along with it.

Played a round of golf at Pebble Beach with a helicopter pilot who participated in Eagle Claw.

He understandably did not talk a lot about it, but believed in the mission, and thought it was worth it to try.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

Carter was an Idiot.

Played a round of golf at Pebble Beach with a helicopter pilot who participated in Eagle Claw.

He understandably did not talk a lot about it, but believed in the mission, and thought it was worth it to try.

The Mission was Sound. There was not much Intra-Service cooperation or training at that particular time. It was a PC move that All Services be involved. That was a mistake, at that particular time.
    edited November -1
    The idiots have packed up, declared ?victory? and moved on-for now anyway. Any guesses as to wether they really got the message, temporarily at least, or if they?re just regrouping for the next round?
    edited November -1
    The idiots have packed up, declared ?victory? and moved on-for now anyway. Any guesses as to wether they really got the message, temporarily at least, or if they?re just regrouping for the next round?

They got the message it is called the 1st BCT of the 82nd(504th). Those rag heads know that Trumpy isn't going to mess around like barry would. Barry had the leader of the attack as a guest in the White House in 2011, he was the point man for Iran in Baghdad. The guys name is Hadi al-Amiri and if you look at pictures around the embassy its his face on the posters put up around the area. We should do a snatch on that guy and give him a little water boarding.
    RLTW

edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

They got the message it is called the 1st BCT of the 82nd(504th). Those rag heads know that Trumpy isn't going to mess around like barry would. Barry had the leader of the attack as a guest in the White House in 2011, he was the point man for Iran in Baghdad. The guys name is Hadi al-Amiri and if you look at pictures around the embassy its his face on the posters put up around the area. We should do a snatch on that guy and give him a little water boarding.

I have a really nice Mountain pond out back, very private - that he might enjoy "Swimming" in.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I have a really nice Mountain pond out back, very private - that he might enjoy "Swimming" in.

You should also invite the clinton's and obama's over for a swim.
    edited November -1
    These goat humper's are all well know to the US Intell and they have pics of them at the riot/attack/siege on our embassy. I say put a price on them for inciting riot and destruction of US property and snatch them up.

Did ya'll see the video of the little sheep humper with the missing chromosome who wanted the fire to reach in the embassy and kill all the Americans. There is another guy to snatch up.

Here these guys are:
    22904428-7844623-The_man_referred_to_as_an_Iranian_proxy_by_US_Secretary_of_State-a-7_1577965731721.jpg

I would love to see a 168gr Sierra HPBT passing through their skull at 2600 fps.

Turn your speakers down this pile of camel dung is speaking in raghead and unless you understand it, it would sound like someone choking on a cat turd:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/12/31/2103885642871977276/640x360_MP4_2103885642871977276.mp4
    RLTW