In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Newest Waterfowling shot guns

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭

...and which is preferred?....

Comments

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

i just bought a benelli super black eagle, i like it a lot so far but have only shot it at clay targets so far.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

What did you have for dinner Willie???

• Brian ReddenBrian Redden Member Posts: 16

I have a Browning Maxxus. It’s been very reliable.

• diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a Browning A-5 Wicked Wing this fall off of the auction side. Really like it so far.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

My experience - Benelli is the most dependable but hardest kicking.

Beretta A400 is the softest kicking but feels bulky to me

Rem VX3 shows promise but early ones had some gremlins. Maybe they are corrected now.

My choice would be a Browning Maxxus or Winchester SX4. Moderate recoil and fit me the best.

Bob

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Which model SBE II or SBE III

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭

mine is the original. found an almost new safe queen for a very good price. long gun but once you mount it, it really point well.

• 45calmuzzleloader45calmuzzleloader Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited January 2020

My Browning Maxxus 3.5" Wicked Wing is fantastic. Its light, perfectly balanced, patterns large steel shot great and gas operated easy recoiling.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Shoot a Beretta Extrema 12 gauge, shoot heavy 3 1/2 inch loads, Kicks less than a 20 gauge.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:

My experience - Benelli is the most dependable but hardest kicking.

Beretta A400 is the softest kicking but feels bulky to me

Rem VX3 shows promise but early ones had some gremlins. Maybe they are corrected now.

My choice would be a Browning Maxxus or Winchester SX4. Moderate recoil and fit me the best.

Bob

I am basically like this too. The Benelli Inertia system is utterly dependable. No matter the weather. Easy to clean too which is something highly suggested of all guns around water and dry vegetation. But, between the lighter weight than most 12 gauges, and the inertia system, it causes effectively a quicker recoil impulse duration which the shooter feels as more recoil. There are several ways available to mitigate some of it (Mercury inserts, different recoil pads, etc). For me personally, I really never noticed it much except early season goose hunting in Canada. 3.5" mags are not too bad normally, but when aiming the gun high where the recoil comes down more on your collarbone, it will leave you bruised for days.

@Duckhunter asked: Which model SBE II or SBE III
    Personally, I like all the Benelli's I ever tried including the departure from their inertia system. The M4 is a gas operated gun made for the US military. It is smooth.
    Perhaps it was because it was the shotgun that caused me to sell most of my other shotguns, but I like the original H&K stamped SBE1. They have a lower rib on the barrel which some had an issue with point of aim but mine fit me perfectly. Now, along with the 3 SBE's I have a Montefeltro, M1, M2, and 3 of the very rare folding stocked version of the pump/semi M3 (operates like the Franchi SPAS-12 and 15), and the M4. The H&K SBE 1's have a "ghost load" feature that was actually designed as an action clearing mechanism but someone eventually started to use it to load an extra shell. All was good until waterfowlers started using it as well. It was then modified by Benelli and all subsequent versions do not have that ability without modifications.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
This discussion has been closed.