In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Maximizing the auction price from a private seller with no buyer protection payment gateway

Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20

(1) Do sales from private sellers take a huge hit in auction price because they can't offer buyer protection?

(2) Is there any way to offer the seller buyer protection besides the default GunBroker protection?

(3) How many of the sales on GunBroker are from private sellers for cash or check?

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Who knows??? What kind of buyer protection are you looking for??? If I sell a gun to someone on GB and never ship the gun and keep the money I am not sure what GB could do about it except to kick me off the site. If you have no feedback here on GB then it most probably is a disadvantage compared to someone like me with almost 1000 good feed backs but at the end of the day anyone who sends money hoping to receive the product they are paying for is taking a chance. If it is just one gun maybe you have a friend with a store that would be willing to accept a credit card and pay you??? You said you had a bunch of good feedback on another site so maybe you could mention that in the description?? I don't think you can put a link in your description but you could have bidders email you and you could do it that way??? Good luck to you.

• Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20

I am looking for the 100% money back guarantee buyer protection that is offered by paypal and credit card companies offer if no item is received or the item is significantly not as described.

Cool. Have the customer pay you after he receives the gun. 100% gar un teed.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

This forum are in no way affiliated with the auctions, so questions such as "Do sales from private sellers take a huge hit in auction price because they can't offer buyer protection?" or "How many of the sales on GunBroker are from private sellers for cash or check?" are beyond the scope of the forum.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin

I thought you had a dealer who was going to handle/process the transaction??

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    omg, this again!:#
  • Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2020
    jim_lemay said:

(1) Do sales from private sellers take a huge hit in auction price because they can't offer buyer protection?

(2) Is there any way to offer the seller buyer protection besides the default GunBroker protection?

(3) How many of the sales on GunBroker are from private sellers for cash or check?

Have you considered using an escrow agent? I don't know of any in the firearms trade though.
    Yes. I only found one that is still in business: 
    Since their total charge is $1.00 they may be a scam. 
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited January 2020
    Do not post links for other business in this forum. Read your posting guidelines: https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1881593/posting-guidelines#latest

I don't know who you are, but I find this thread irritating. That isn't a good thing.

Mark maybe it's one of them BOT  things ,you know when you get mail and you think it's coming from people but it's not coming from real people but one of them BOT things. We need a BOT de tec ter here on the forum. Maybe one of them things with all the scrambled up letters and numbers you have to read and then type. Or the pictures where you have to find the ones with traffic lights or cars. I like those. :)
This discussion has been closed.