In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Constitutional Law

A basic premise of United States Constitutional Law is that states can only enhance protections and rights guaranteed by the US Constitution, not diminish or infringe on those protections and rights.  Ergo, all limits, restrictions, etc. imposed on gun ownership by states should be declared unconstitutional and therefore invalid.  The NRA has never chosen to my knowledge to attack such laws - this argument should be brought before the SCOTUS ASAP!

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    Yep, I agree. You will notice the NRA has failed to attack ANY gun laws. In fact they helped write many of them.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    If we had an honest supreme court they would do exactly that. 
    I'm hoping the traitors push them into it.
    YEEEHAAAAAAW
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    JPNitro said:
    A basic premise of United States Constitutional Law is that states can only enhance protections and rights guaranteed by the US Constitution, not diminish or infringe on those protections and rights.  Ergo, all limits, restrictions, etc. imposed on gun ownership by states should be declared unconstitutional and therefore invalid.  The NRA has never chosen to my knowledge to attack such laws - this argument should be brought before the SCOTUS ASAP!

The approach would be pointless in most cases, primarily because most states have constitutions which are violated by the state law, and so the challenge would need not rise to that level.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain