In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FFL

1maddawg211maddawg21 Member Posts: 1

I bought firearm

it did not prompt me to select an FFL

I sent the seller an email of what FFL to use according to gun brokers list

is that the correct thing to do or does my FFL dealer have to contact them

i have bought from here b4 it always prompts me to chose and FFL dealer except this time at time of check out

Comments

• PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    It has always seemed to me the responsibility of the buyer to provide the FFL to which the firearm is to be shipped.  This can require the buyer to have made arrangements, ahead of time, with a cooperating FFL to receive and then legally transfer, the purchased firearm.  How could the seller know where to ship? 
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    PA Shootist is correct. 
    First, you need to contact your FFL personally & make sure that he is alive, willing to accept THAT PARTICULAR gun for you, & his conditions for the transfer.  He may be willing to send an email with a copy of his license attached to your seller; or he may be willing to give you a copy for you to mail to the seller.  His business, his choice.
    Second, contact the seller & tell him the plan.
    Even if the software prompts you to pick an FFL, you still need to follow the steps above.