In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CANTILEVER SCOPE MOUNT

peedadpeedad Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
Is there a way to  remove this  type of scope mount on a shotgun barrel? Silver soldered on maybe? Not sure. Thanks

Comments

• OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Not knowing the model of the gun, probably just take a 7 inch right angle welding grinder with a 36 grit stone. Might have to put the gun barrel in a vise. (make sure the gun is unloaded) and use eye protection.

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    JUST TO NOTE; it would be more 'cost effective' to just sell this barrel an buy what you want
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    You get better answers when you provide details like brand and model.
    To quote my favorite gunsmith Jack "If you have a torch and a hammer, it has to fit"
    I would suspect that it is high temp silver soldered on, not milled with the barrel.  You will need "red" heat, propane torch is doubtful. Will need some sort of re-finishing. I agree easier to sell and buy one without.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    buy new barrel then sell yours.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Most generally guns that have that type of scope mount are a POS anyway.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    Okie said:
    Most generally guns that have that type of scope mount are a POS anyway.
    I tend to agree though they are often the only method on some military auto/semi auto's like the SKS. For guns like that which already has questionable accuracy, adding a scope might be trivial anyway unless like me with declining optical capacities.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.