In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

California AR owners

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
Are y'alls compliant? Either went featureless or one of them fandangle magazine lock out kit installed? Got until July to get it done. Even got my Zastava M85 pistol compliant by making a plate to lock out the magazine release button. Essentially making her in to a semi-auto single shot [:D].

I may get one of those window down pull the spring down and load the magazine, magazines. Or I can take apart the magazine and load it from bottom up [:D]. I suppose I could just sell her and make a mint. List her on Cal Gun and I'll be answering emails like a popular kid.

Comments

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gang bangers, MS-13, cartels, and the rest of the criminal elements CA DEMOCRATs want to protect thank you for complying.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Left in 2007 and will never move back under any circumstances. If I had to live in a State with one of these neutered semi auto rifles I would just pass on them and stick with a lever action or pump action rifle.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Left in 2007 and will never move back under any circumstances. If I had to live in a State with one of these neutered semi auto rifles I would just pass on them and stick with a lever action or pump action rifle.

+1

You can kick * with a Winchester 94.

You know the whole time I was in Afghanistan I thought that other than the weight I would not have felt under-gunned with a M1. The only thing I would have missed is a PEQ-4 other than that no problem[;)]
    RLTW

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure I was asking folks in California. California AR owners. Yup I did. Maybe I'm the only one in California now? So I'm asking the question to myself?

To you chiefy I didn't register my ARs/AKs as "Assault Weapons" like they want us to. I am curious how many of them did. I'd really like to see the numbers.

ruger41 - Plans of moving to Oregon is a bust. So it's was good I didn't move there 6 years ago. Down right Californee up there now. Also, I'm waiting for Washington state to become another California so I don't have to waste my money on the move. I recon y'alls will be chanting "one of us, one of us" soon.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    I'm pretty sure I was asking folks in California. California AR owners. Yup I did. Maybe I'm the only one in California now? So I'm asking the question to myself?

To you chiefy I didn't register my ARs/AKs as "Assault Weapons" like they want us to. I am curious how many of them did. I'd really like to see the numbers.

ruger41 - Plans of moving to Oregon is a bust. So it's was good I didn't move there 6 years ago. Down right Californee up there now. Also, I'm waiting for Washington state to become another California so I don't have to waste my money on the move. I recon y'alls will be chanting "one of us, one of us" soon.

The great move now is east but not that far' I love being close to the coast but now it seems that the last place for that is Texas.
    edited November -1
    grumpygy - The way my bro in Tehas is yapping it might as well be California out there. But he's near Austin so that might as well be Berkley in Tehas.

I might as well sell off all my guns and get a jacket with "Potential Victim" bedazzled on my back. Then all I need to do is figure out how to latch on to that sweet, sweet government teat.
    edited November -1
    Think If I was to head out it would be Pflugerville. Know a Pastor there that packs an Ar and his son is a Marine. Plus he is from my Home town in Calif.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Think If I was to head out it would be Pflugerville. Know a Pastor there that packs an Ar and his son is a Marine. Plus he is from my Home town in Calif.

Funny you mention Pflugerville. Dude used to live there 5 years ago then got a divorce and lost his joint. The field next to him caught fire and he should've let it catch his house on fire. Saved the house only to lose it in divorce. Now he's in Manor (pronounced Maynord) damn Texicanese. And they say we talk funny [:D]. Also might be going to splitzville again.

Good thing my spare bedroom is full of DVDs and books. Yes Hustlers are considered books [:D]. Besides dude has kids he can couch surf on. How old is too old to couch surf? Don't have one of those so dude best surf on. If that fails dude has another bro he can call upon.

Starting over twice in the same decade got to be rough. Oh well at least he has his health.

Almost forgot what parts of California did you hail from? Be odd if I heard of it.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't registered anything and won't. Am doing the featureless or fixed until I buy a home out of state later this year and move in 3 years. Which will probably be about when "featureless" is required to register too. To sort of borrow from Eric Burdon - wasn't born here, am not going to die here.
    edited November -1
    Grew up in Lancaster. But also spent 20 years at or around Camp Pendelton.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Grew up in Lancaster. But also spent 20 years at or around Camp Pendelton.

Never heard of it [:D]. I'll have to google it's location. Did have a step aunt that was a Lancaster. If I believed in a deity I hope the * got took by one.

Camp Pendelton I heard of but never been.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Makes me love Idaho all the more. All ya'll would hate it here though, so don't come.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Ringler24Ringler24 Member Posts: 1

I’m a CA resident and AR/AK builder. I go featureless because I can’t stand having a locked magazine. If you spend a little $$ on a Thordsen stock it’s not too bad. Don’t get me wrong, I f***ing hate not having a pistol grip but it’s better than going to jail and the CA DOJ doesn’t mess around. Never register as an assault riffle, it might as well be a trap. I don’t know how many of you CA AR/AK owners are aware of this, but from what I’ve been told, when you register your “assault riffle” with the DOJ, you must include a picture of the firearm. It’s my understanding that from that point on, it must remain EXACTLY as it is in the picture. If you swap one single part (even a completely innocuous part like a hand guard) you have committed a felony. If my understanding of that law inaccurate please feel free to correct me, just please be polite when doing so. There’s nothing I hate more than a keyboard tough guy. I say featureless all the way bro. I’d store my babies in another state before I’d register them as assault riffles with Commiefornia.

I’d rather be true to myself and be loved by few, than be someone I’m not and liked by many.

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    Such regulations and people still live there and pay taxes to be abused?  I could just as easily live w/o California in the union, return the state to Mexico.