In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ 75 Kadet Question

Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭

I recently bought a CZ 75 Kadet Adapter 2. It appears to be a very well made accurate unit. I presently have it mounted on the frame of my CZ 75B SA which is proving to be a great combination. It has been 100% reliable with the first 1,000 rounds I’ve fired in it and the slide does lock open after the last round is fired.

I’ll post a range report after I’ve had a chance to shoot targets with a variety of ammo.

The magazines are fairly robust but lack a thumb button so they are somewhat difficult to load, especially as the afternoon wears on.

I bought a 22UpLULA magazine loader which, although a bit cumbersome, makes loading the magazines MUCH easier.

The manual included with this unit is lacking so I have a few questions for CZ fans:

This unit came with two slide stops. They appear to be identical except one has a small dimple in the very end of the rod that serves no apparent purpose.

Can someone tell me why CZ included an extra slide stop or could this have been a simple mistake? Is there a difference in the two slide stops that I have not noticed?

Overall, I’m VERY pleased with this unit although the magazines are a bit pricey. Will any alternate/after market magazines work with this unit?

Also, are any kits available that will increase the capacity of the magazines?

Thanks for your help.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited February 2020
    One slide stop is for the 75, the other is for the CZ-85. My own cadet is quite early and required hand fitting. There is no possibility of it ever being used on another CZ pistol:

• Options
    Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    One slide stop is for the 75, the other is for the CZ-85. My own cadet is quite early and required hand fitting. There is no possibility of it ever being used on another CZ pistol:

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining that. The markings are a little misleading. Both slide stops are marked "CZ 75 KADET CAL .22 LR".
    This Kadet 2 required a bit of fitting as well. I saw that as a good thing since it allows you to make it fit as tightly as you want. 

Mechanical engineers have their moments.