In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Micro-Stamping, I live in California and know firsthand just how radical gun laws are here.

Are any manufactures of firearms who are allowed to sell guns in this state actually are "microstamping"
their firing pins yet? If so what about used firearms? will there be some sort of micro stamped retrofit??
Who knows what they'll propose next??
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    just for sake of argument, could you repeat that again???????????
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    How does microstamping work?
    Microstamping is a process in which a gun imprints a unique microscopic code onto the ammunition it fires. The goal is to enable detectives to collect shell casings at a crime scene, enter the code in a database and quickly track the firearm to its owner.

Do firing pins have serial numbers?
    Fact: Firing pins are readily removable and swappable in most models of handguns, with inexpensive replacement parts. Criminals who file down serial numbers on the sides of guns won't hesitate to file or exchange firing pins.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    My firearms are exempt
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    There you go making sense again, Joe. I warned you about that.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

No gun manufacturer is doing it. And that’s exactly what the gun grabbers in California knew would happen. And if a gun maker lets a model fall off the roster it’s not getting back on if it’s a semi auto. Do what I did a decade ago, get out while you can...but move to the reddest State you can.