In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Standard Cap Magazines get to stay in WA

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
Looks like this particular battle front is won. Hurray!

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

For this year anyway. They’ll trot it back out next year like they have the last few. I haven’t seen if the ccw training requirements failed or not. One theory being touted as to why the AWB and mag bans failed here and in some other places is the Democrats know they will eventually end up going to SCOTUS and with RBG darn near the end that the court will end up solidly conservative and the Democrats will lose any gun control for decades.

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    Idaho might be taking application for new counties.

Update...the ccw training requirements failed as well. At least for now Washington is still a Shall Issue State with no training requirements.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    ruger41 said:

Update...the ccw training requirements failed as well. At least for now Washington is still a Shall Issue State with no training requirements.

Please share any intel you have. Thanks.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

I saw the post on the Firearms Policy Coalition’s Instagram page.

Well so much for good news. As soon as the bills failed, the Attorney General and Governor chastised the Democrats for not passing the bills before the time limit ran out. Soooo there’s a little thing they have done. They have a new bill under the appropriations committee that has a magazine buyback BUT makes the police figure out how to pay for it. There’s not much support for this but you should still call your reps in Olympia. Appropriation bills don’t have the same time limits as regular bills AND they don’t have to specify what the bill is about. They are so called Ghost Bills. This one is HB 2947. Call your reps ASAP!

Please call your reps today as they are having hearings on Tuesday Feb 25th that are open to the public.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    While I am sure my rep will oppose, I am hesitant to call him because he has been named a domestic terrorist.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele