In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

telescope, observation, m49,,,?

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
what can you tell me about it? spotted one in a pawn shop today.  thanks

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    Viet Nam era USGI spotting scope.  Picture a 2-man team:  one with his sniper rifle, the other looking through the scope & calling the shots.  Not rare, should bring $300 if it has a bunch of accessories.
  • Options
    " if it has a bunch of accessories.".............just the lens caps, otherwise in 'nice' condition.......... $30 otd  :-)
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    Now you have done it!

Keep looking.  You need the tripod mount (with carrying case) and the actual carrying case for the scope.  Good thing you saved money on the scope purchase.  You will need it for the rest of it.

It took me awhile to find them for my scope.  The tripod with carrying case was the most difficult to locate.  I finally found one at the military show in Anawa, WI.
  • Options
    " You need the tripod mount (with carrying case) and the actual carrying case for the scope".................I'll be at the Antigo, Wi g.s. next month...........as will the 'scope'    ;-)
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    what can you tell me about it? spotted one in a pawn shop today.  thanks
    Here is a photograph of the kit:

The complete kits have been listed and sold from about $395 to $500