In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris Short Mag. Scope.

waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭
 Anyone ever try using a Burris short mag. scope on a shotgun?   I've got a 2x7 scope and only use  2 3/4 inch 1 ounce slugs.  

Comments

• Options
    Finally was able to get answer for my question.  Found a number to call Burris,  asked them if their short mag. scope would hold up to recoil on a Remington 870  using 2 3/4 inch slugs,  they said that there would not be any problem all.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    You won't go wrong with Burris. Dropped one of their red dots, with the expected result. Contacted them about repair. They had me send it in. And replaced it gratis.
    There products might be a little more expensive. But you can't quibble about that kind of customer service.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    Sufficient eye relief to not get popped during recoil?
  • Options

I have never had trouble with recoil on this particular shot gun, with the scope I had on it. It was a Tasco 2 power that lasted about 30 years, and for the last 25 years I had thought about changing it out, what stopped me was I hate sighting in a shot gun with slugs, well the scope has finally loosened up lost it rigidity. This Burris scope I’m going to put on it has the long eye relief, the only problem I can see now is getting use to the long eye relief, this is the reason I never used this scope before on anything else, but that’s just me and the way I snuggle up behind a scope. I look forward to sighting it again about about as much as wanting to get drafted again LOL.