In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

J Steven's 12 gauge

Loonmoon71Loonmoon71 Member Posts: 1

My dad has a J Steven's 12 gauge pump model 520-30 serial num 50434 I think it's a ww2 trench gun missing heat shield and bayonet would like to know the value of this gun

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevens_Model_520/620
    Collector value is less for in-complete units (no hand guard) and more with the bayonet.  I think I have seen a list of serial numbers but that was a long time ago.  Fakes exist for collectibles.  
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    According to the BB, the serial number is in the correct range. Besides the missing parts. Overall condition and originality. Would be a major factor, in fair market value. Need quality close-up photos. For help in valuation. 

The 520-30 was the most common of the Trench Guns, according to the BB. Because of this, even with the correct replacement parts. It would have to be Original/excellent, to be worth big bucks. 
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    I sold my Winchester Model 97 Trench gun without the handguard / bayonet attachment and a replacement forend and magazine tube for $550 a year ago.  It takes a collector to pay the price.  Good luck.