In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR 15 finding the info on the barrel under the extended hand guard

lock stock and barrellock stock and barrel Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
AR 15  finding the info on the barrel under the extended hand guard,  i have two ar's and diff cal uppers other than taping a label onto them how can you see whats on the barrel???

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    First off, you only need to mark one of them if you have only two.  The easy way is to use a different color charge handle and don't take both apart on the bench at the same time. Another option would be to replace one dust cover with one that has either the caliber marked or some sort of design on it.
    To ensure no mixup, we use a charge handle and magazine of same color.  One caliber is FDE or olive green and one is black or whatever you like.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2020
    Changing the color of the charging handle is probably easiest and quickest (I find removing/installing ejection port covers to be difficult). I started out with a blue charging handle to differentiate between 300 Blackout and 5.56mm, but I quickly found out that I liked blue and began changing more parts to to that color:

The size of the suppressor is actually the easiest way to tell the difference, but a charging handle is a lot cheaper!
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    "The size of the suppressor is actually the easiest way to tell the difference, but a charging handle is a lot cheaper!"

Mark, you're making the rest of the world feel inadequate.