In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Legal in Washington DC

duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
Is a Kel-Tec model KSG legal in Washington DC ?? Thanks. 

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    It depends upon what your definition of is, is.
    My understanding is that it is legal only if already legally registered by a DC resident.  There is only 1 FFL in the District, & he is no longer accepting firearms for transfer.  So, I do not see how anyone outside the District can transfer any gun to a resident.
    EDIT:  No, the fact that the District is not a state makes no difference.  All US Possessions & the District of Columbia are treated as states for most purposes --- US currency, US postage, federal laws, US citizenship, passports, etc.  In the case of firearms, all are covered by the Gun Control Act of 1968, but stricter local firearms laws take precedence.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I can't make heads or tails out of the DC regs, but these folks seem to know what they are talking about:
    http://realcoguns.com/dc.html
    I'd give them a call and ask.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
  • SammySammy Member Posts: 28
    Would it make a difference that D.C. is not a state.   When used in the phrase of transferring from one state to another. or
    transferring to a person not in your  home state.     Just thinking...
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Best answer. Don't have a firearm in DC, not even ammunition.