In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

More unusual items up for auction

mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am back at it with some crazy auction items. Plus some consignments. If interested in something offers are always considered. [:D][:D][:D]
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=686181
    edited November -1
    Just listed a very nice training rifle plus the usual odd firearm stuff.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/826323257#carousel-modal-view-item

Rather uncommon Soviet block youth training rifle - .22 rimfire single shot manual cocking device bolt action rifle...

FEG marked rifle numbers matching and no import markings...

Femaru Fegyver Es Gepgyar Budapest on a military training rifle in .22 lr

That's a keeper and nearly a unicorn...

Mike
    edited November -1
    Took me how long to id that rifle. Think its the 2nd model of it. Was a lucky buy at last show. But came with tons of junk.
    edited November -1
    You know I cannot work or drive...

I would be happy to help research some guns and their histories for a select group here...

Locust fork and Mark Christian and savage and trapp and Ricci and bravo and probably most of the nicer active members...

I try to do some of that on my own - I like to support the good guys here - the same way I always try to respond to your threads a generate some interest and response and keep the thread active and on page one...

I humbly hope that about a dozen folks here would admit to having received such assistance from me and appreciated it...

Several items I assisted with brought higher than expected returns as a result.

I am always willing to help your guys out - I hope that's been recognized.

And yes the front sight protective hood and the pattern on the cocking knob look to me to indicate a second model - perfect companion or display piece of you have a frommer pistol or collect military .22 trainers...

I would buy it were I still buying - that's a must have item for me as a useful tool and a "I've never seen one before - what the heck is that" range day piece...

I hope my remarks I'm the past have been helpful and we'll received.

Mike
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike I would like to add that you always have an interesting bit of knowledge about most if not all models of manufacturers not seen or as ordinary. I am intrigued at learning about subjects that may ordinarily seem mundane or forgotten.

I am right now reading on the Korean War as my uncle was in the 2nd ID 23rd RCT. I just finished the Book The Coldest Winter and now reading The Korean War by Mathew B. Ridgeway. Interesting perspectives. I read action reports of Heavy Bomber Groups over WW2 Germany and read the names of the casualties for the sake of remembering. Then match up the downed aircraft crash reports by the German Luftwaffe.

I apologise to mmppres for bollocksing his thread.
    edited November -1
    In a word S.L.A. Marshall - perhaps the definitive word...

From a fictional standpoint W.E.B. Griffin

I would call the works of both authors must reads covering the Korean War...

And thanks for the compliments - a life long hobby and once in a great while if I impress Mark Christian or trap55 or rufe snow or no-nonsense I feel content.

Of note is the service of the bloody bucket brigade Pennsylvania national gaurd taking the heat off of the marine corps at the chosin reservoir...

They are the only non marine Corp unit authorized to were a marine Corp unit shoulder patch and they have an honor streamer hung alongside the corps colors...

I try to contribute here and share knowledge and engage in debates and learn new things but lately I have felt that there are far more members here who wish I was absent than those who enjoy my posts...

Mike
    edited November -1
    MrMike I will be taking you up on some of the items i get. Would leave me time to get other stuff done. Thanks for the offer.
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys - it's a community here and we are friends and peers and comrades...

Many here have helped me out during my struggle with cancers.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Mike in this day an age of crazy things going on in this world we on here must stick together.
    edited November -1
    I know...

But for every 10 members here who consider me a friend or peer or nice guy or an expert there is. Nasty cold hearted troll who not only hates me but seems to thrive on actively pissing on me - a misanthropic leper with delusions of grandeur madly typing away from him moms basement keyboard commando bunker control center...

True friends and colleagues and comrades help take the sting away but it does get to me some times...

Mike
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys - I feel the love and respect - makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Hey remember this that guy in the basement you are his only friend with out you he only has his sock puppet to pick on :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited November -1
    last items up for this weekend
    edited November -1
    Got some new consignments up for auction along with some strange items.
    edited November -1
    Just put some more crazy items on line
    edited November -1
    J.C Higgins Model 103.16 .22 Rifle.

Assuming that a good cleaning and inspection and lubrication and test firing clear up any potential bolt tolerance issues...

This is not only a perfectly good range day .22 rimfire bolt action rifle for fun and practice and plunking and training kids and newbs...

Already drilled and tapped for a scope.

Burt plate and magazine and trigger guard easily addressed - the stock would clean up and refinish nicely - would be a nice entry level wood working project.

For under $60.00 it's hard to see a downside

Endless hours of cheap fun - a brick of damn near any .22 ammo and targets at 50 and 100 yds

Great gift for a young boy or girl - or to be kept at uncles or grampas for their exclusive use

Oh BTW do you know how many of these are entered into an FFL bound book with the model number being mistaken for the serial number - infamous Sears issue.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Wards Hercules Model10 Shotgun Project .410 gauge single shot break open

Another perfect range day fun project gun very simply and cheaply restored - terrific training piece or boy / girls first gun

And of course the model number is the key to compatibility and parts

Another sub $60.00 steal

Mike
    edited November -1
    Most guys think that the model number is the serial number, makes you wonder just how many that have that same number :?:
    edited November -1
    got a load of winchester model 12's in for auction have fun guys
    edited November -1
    Hey guys lots of new stuff up on auction side for you to rack your brains on :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    edited November -1
    Added some more unusual stuff to auction side guys have fun
    edited November -1
    Added the last stuff before heading out to weekend show
    Hi guys just added a bunch of new crazy items to auction side some are consignments some i bought out of a closed store. Have fun. keep watching have lots more coming
    listed the last stuff from a buy out for the week. off to gun show in morning enjoy the fun guys.
    Got some real unusual stuff. Rare hard to find items this time guys
    Since shows are closed I aing to list more stuff from the closed gun shop. Enjoy an hope you find the rare gen you need
    edited March 2020

I have silver and 3 mother of pearl and 3 flat black phenolic sera...

I have 3 widely divergent wood sets...

I have a clear set...

I have a small box full of assorted .25 acp baby browning grips meant for patent infringement clones ,.

Many are in subdued washed out earth tones as well as some Easter shaded primary colors...

I have stag and elk and sheep horn..

One set made from on a French 75mm shell casing with date and place and unit (ttrench art???)

Mike

MrMike
    Just put a crazy rifle up you might like to look at.its amazing  what i go hiding in the boxes an cases in my so called shop  :)

While you gents frequently enjoy some jokes at my expense - that's socially OK and reasonably amusing amongst friends and peers....

But taking it to far is poking fun at my penchant for rifle accessories from the golden age of customizing and sporterization of captured and confiscated military weapons of our enemies and improving their performance whilst adapting them to our needs...

Yes I like to have a California rollover cheek piece or a trigger shoe - a single or double set trigger : an integral compass or timepiece?

Secondary wood embellishment - optics - scopes - holosight - red dot or green dot - Warner swahzee optics - long eye relief s out scope...

Mike

Mike I have some of those item in my stash. these young guys dont have a clue what they are or how the heck to even use them.
    hell they wouldnt know the feeling of holding a custom stocked wildcat made with some wild wood with a roll over check piece with a flared pistol grip. with super fine hand cut checkering. Feeling the firearm's warmth as you look thru a flecker or unertial scope watching your heart beat  
    Will keep adding more items I find hidden in shop daily

It's kind of like "where's Waldo" for adults...

Tell us more about the gun and it's now integral mechanical device...

Can it be removed and fixed or is it stuck their for eternity...

And you do not want my opinion on frankenmauser - possibly made In. China or Vietnam or it's.current status...

Any item you would like examined just let me know...

Mike

Well loaded some more items tonight. Found some nice stuff too. being stuck at home gives me time to clean up
    Got some more items up some real good ones
    Put some more items up. This staying home stuff is getting on my nerves, I have to deal with my kids thats the problem. >:)
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what the DOM is on your Winchester 67A? ...I believe that was also called the "Boys rifle"...?
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member

You have I think a star model D type 2

Here is a link that cover's this gun data wise.

Mike

The Winchester is a later model due to short barrel. Not exactly sure but looking into it.
    Thanks Mike yes it is a D-series nice little pistol for some one to bring back to working order.
    This being locked down has me finding more fun items to list.