In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Temporary Justice

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
Judge Benitez ordered the ammo buying restrictions in Calif to be stopped. So it looks like we have another "Freedom Week". I was stocked up long before this started, but I think I'll mail order some ammo...just because I can. Read his statement to the court, we need more judges like him!

Comments

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this yesterday and it got buried to the gun rights and constitution forum

• HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    savage170 said:
    I posted this yesterday and it got buried to the gun rights and constitution forum

I'm late to the party,too..Posted in General this morning,and ended up here..Didn't see yours, or Dave's..

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    Too bad, most won't see it here, and why I posted it in GD. As many as possible need to see it before the 9th circus overturns his ruling. I'm glad to see Benitez used the interstate commerce laws against the libs like they used it for Obama care, and I've been saying all along that we should. I just heard Cabelas in Boomtown got their ammo shelves emptied by Californians already, and price gouger Cheaperthandirt, isn't getting any Calif orders, much less any orders at all. Let em rot!
    I would be a happy man to see Trump put Benitez on the Supreme Court, and get a start on turning this tide.
    Kudos to the ammo suppliers for giving Calif buyers priority shipping!
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2020
    Ended up here? Got buried? 

After all, the ruling does involve a court injunction from a judge issuing a sharply worded rebuke of onerous and convoluted regulations that violate the constitutional right to bear arms. In three sentences or less (preferably less) explain how this is in no way related to gun rights?

Every time something from California pops up in GD it leads to comments about "You got what you deserved," "Move out of California [but not to a red state...we don't want you here]," "This is what you get for voting those idiots into office," ad nauseam. This is usually followed by an argument, or an out and out fight, in which someone, usually myself, has to step in and settle the membership down. If there is anyone out there who actually cares about gun rights in California, they can check out any of these three threads. So far, interested parties appear to be me, Trap, Savage, and Hangfire. 

I check through Politics and Gun Rights at least once a day and I haven't seen anything which does not appear to belong there. I am really tired of people moaning about their precious threads getting moved. That is a violation of posting guidelines and if it continues I will begin enforcing it. 

Well that didn't take long!mad
    How is it when an injunction is filed for, it's drags through the courts. But when the communist want it lifted, it takes a day?
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...uit-issues-stay-reinstating-ammo-restrictions
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    So the boohooing over the moved threads was for something that lasted what? 36 hours? 

I hope getting me upset was worth it. 
    If that's all it took to upset me, I'd find another job. B)
    edited April 2020
    I hear that there are admin openings at Mauser Central  ;)  

I miss that place. It's a shame things turned out the way that they did.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
     It's a shame things turned out the way that they did.
    I agree with you Mark, that one and a few other forums.