In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone use Imgur image links in their auctions?

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
I have been trying on and off for 2 days to direct link images into my auctions so they are the original high resolution format. It accepts the original 4 pictures in direct upload just fine.
In the PC I am logged on to Imgur and GB both, the listing looks fine, all pictures show. As it does on my mobile phone. But, on a different PC that I have not ever logged into Imgur, all I get are white image placeholders. Here's my Desert Eagle I am trying to get going: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867022823 I am trying to use what is suggested for pictures here on GB:

"img src="https://i.imgur.com/HoG6V75.jpg" width="100%"" (I replaced the <> at each end so it would post code instead of the actual picture; if it would) per the instructions here: https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/221560367

Does either Imgur or GB not allow links? A friend of mine uses Flikr and I am about to try that as I know it works for him. I am not computer illiterate. I am actually an I.T. Systems Admin, but I haven't messed with HTML since 2005 but ever reference I see online shows me the same format.

Any help is appreciated. I've got a few more to list yet (Old Ruger 10/22 Fingergroove, Rem 700 Sendero SF (1st Gen), a Star Megastar 10mm, and some Benelli shotgun barrels.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I just take mine straight off the SD card which is plugged into my laptop. No need for imgur.
  • Options
    But it only saves 4 thumbnails and 10 other images from what I can tell. Do you consider that enough
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    No Brother, some of my listings have 60 or more photos. I use the basic picture loader two at a time for the first two photos, the first of which will be the thumb nail photo. After the first two are loaded I list my auction so it is running (unless I have selected a delayed start time). Then go to the auction, click on MANAGE PICTURES and I can load ten at a time till I get them all loaded.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    OOOOHHHHHH. I didn't realize you could run that managed picture option more than once; that changes everything. I still wish I could link high res pictures, but this is much better than 4. Thank you greatly! I thought one of the sellers on here might know and I was right. Thanks Ricci. :-)
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!!! I helped someone with a computer problem!! Next thing you know Ken will be asking me about skinny jeans.