In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My 8 mo. Border Collie went airborn after a tennis for the 1st time today!! BIG air, but...

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
she didn't stick the landing.  Lola got the tennis ball but it popped loose when she landed flat on her side.  I'm guessing it will be awhile before she goes air born again.  Lola made real good time getting to me with a scared look on her face.  I guess I was supposed to kiss her and make the boo boo go away.  She just laid with me for about 5 minutes.  That landing must have really hurt!!   I don't think Lola was impressed with my laughing at her!!   :D

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
     you'll know how she takes it tonight,  depends on how wet your pillow is............
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    Lola is fine, after 5 minutes she was chasing the 5 year old BC around the yard!!  I think it hurt but she quickly "shook" it off.  She pigged down her supper just like normal and is laying between my feet trying to chew on my shoes, which is also normal evening behavior. 
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    How's the pup this morning?  Hope she is O.K.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    My Uncle has a couple Australian Shepherds that are his babies.    They are gorgeous dogs and soooo smart.    His oldest was playing Frisbee with him and landed wrong.   It ended up breaking some bones in her foot.   She had to have expensive surgery and a long recovery time before she was better.     
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Joe, Lola is AOK!  She is a true BC.  Takes a beating and keeps on ticking!  Many years ago I had a BC launched 8 to 10 feet in the air by a 1,200 pound steer!  A big cut over one eye where the steer got her.  I took her in the house and got out my vet kit and sewed her up.  When she started whimpering because it hurt, I told her to shut it.  I said any BC that runs up to a 1,200 pound steer and takes a hold of his hind leg the same way she takes a hold of a sheep's hind leg deserves to hurt.  Pain is always very educational.  The next time we worked some cattle, the cattle took a few shoots at her but they never even got close.

This dog was the best BC that ever owned me.  I bred her to Rory, the top BC in the country.  He was second at the World Championships ever so many lives ago.  When Woolie had her pups she had them under my bed.  Woolie would take care of her pups than come out from under the bed and snuggle up with me until a puppy squeaked than back under the bed.  Once my first wife was screaming at me.  Woolie nipped her on the butt hard enough  to leave a bruise (Good Woolie, good Woolie!!) 
    I so hope that I will see Woolie again someday!!   :'(

Glad she's O.K. 
    You'll see Woolie again.  She'll be right there with the ones I've lost over the years.