In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

forster co ax question

Does any one here own a newer Forster co ax press with the "S" jaw system? Also is there any problem using other manufacturers dies with their lock ring or do you have to use the Forster lock rings?

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    My co-ax is several decades old.  I use a number of different manufactures dies with Foster lock rings and some other "round" rings of proper thickness by other manufactures.  I haven't found any of the "hex" types rings to work.  Best Regards - AQH
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you mean by "s" jaw, the quick change jaw holders haven't changed in 30 years. Hornandy and RCBS rings will work fine in the press. Too much play exist with Lee hex rings, IMO, although they do fit. Not a fan of RCBS lock rings with the screw into the threads of the die. 
  • Options
    mclaibornemclaiborne Member Posts: 2

Didi you ever find an answer to your question on the S jaw?

I believe it is a Small jaw. In the old days, like on my Bonanza CoAx press, the jaw units were reversible, both Small and Large and you reversed their position on the press depending on whether you were loading Small cases or Large cases.

Now I think Forster has these jaw units that you swap out. There is an assembly for Large cases and a jaw assembly for Small cases. They are separate units now.

You can pretty much use whatever flavor of dies you want as long as you use the Forster Die Rings, they work best.

Mike