In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New NICS Checks Recording Specific Firearm Information?

RidefarRidefar Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭

I was informed by my FFL dealer yesterday that the ATF recently informed him that when a dealer calls in a NICS check after some point this year, that more than "handgun" or "long gun" questions will be asked.

They will be asking for serial number, make,model and caliber.

Kind of sounds like registration does it not?

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    first it was driver lic number  new that day would come yet I have not heard this from the atf??
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

This was discussed a few weeks back, as coming, due to the new form they were going to be using. Easier for them to photograph with all the pertinent details in one shot.

It does indeed sound like "registration."

Supposedly it is against the Law for them to do this. Has the Law changed?

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Trump's BATFE is no better than that of any other big government politician.
    Worse in some cases.
    This being one.
    Federal and State Governments want to know what you own.  At present all they can do is record what you buy.  There will be knocks on the door to complete the registration process in due time.  No need to rush into this, as those that care and/or understand seem to be dying off faster than they are being replaced.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
      No need to rush into this, as those that care and/or understand seem to be dying off faster than they are being replaced.

Ain't that the truth. :(
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    new forms will be in place nov 1 2020