In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

F150 Radio--Kaput!

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
I have a 2012 F150 that the radio just quit on me. It was working Monday afternoon, and when I started it up this morning, not working. The clock display and temperature are on there, the clock display is flashing on and off but keeping correct time. Any ideas on how much it will cost to replace? Watched a Youtube video showing how to remove it, but I'm not sure I can do it.

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Trucks have radios?
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    Tried a solution given to me on another site. Disconnected the negative from the battery and wait a few seconds, reconnect. IT WORKED!!!!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Find some young car stereo genius and they can replace it with an aftermarket reasonable. Tenant of mine ask me why I still had a cd player in my 2014. Said I could upgrade for about a buck and a half to a real nice unit and they would install.
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, unhooking the battery sort of slaps some sense it into the electronic gadgets. AC went out on on a car I had a few years ago, hotter than a 2 dollar pistol at the time. Finally found a good mechanic at a service station that would take the time to help out. He said lets try this, unhooked the battery cable for a few minutes and hoked it back up, AC working great. 50.00 well spent and a lesson for a lifetime.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    Have you checked the fuse?
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    All electronic devices nowadays have a processor (computer) in them.

Its not a question of, "Will they lock up?"

Its a question of, "When will they lock up?"

1st thing to try is POWER DOWN/POWER UP.  (Complete removal of power/battery).
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,262 ******

If it is similar to the 2010, I can walk you through removal and replacement. You can find a replacement on ebay. I think they run about $200. Removal and replacement is not all that difficult, at least on my rig it wasn't. I've pulled it a few times.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    When I bought my 2002 GMC project truck the radio and speakers were shot.  Went to Crutchfield https://www.crutchfield.com/S-LASxNMiyFhX/  And got a CD/AM/FM/USB player and four new speakers for $150
    Took just over an hour to put all them in (instructions included) (get installation kit!) and I've got great sound!