In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can I update the advertising of a listing that has bids with these features?

Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20
Can I update the advertising of a listing that has bids with these features?
Showcase Listing, On-site Sponsored Listing, Off-site Sponsored Listing    

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Give it a try. 
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited May 2020
    All of the "features" you mentioned are Optional Services which have fees that are non-refundable and must be paid for whether or not the item sells. If you want to add more services or simply update the listing, go for it. 
  • Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20
    All of the "features" you mentioned are Optional Services which have fees that are non-refundable and must be paid for whether or not the item sells. If you want to add more services or simply update the listing, go for it. 
    It seems cost effective now that I have bidders to try to get more bidders. 
    I just wanted to make sure it wasn't against the rules and that the bidders would not drop out because of it. 
  • Peter OlcottPeter Olcott Member Posts: 20
    Give it a try. 
    It looks like those features are grayed out and cannot be changed once a listing has been posted or has bidders. 
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, you can't do anything to the original auction once there are bids on it, except add to the description, which comes in a separate paragraph, above the original item description with a date stamp.