In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Political Contribution$

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭
I keep getting messages, both email and text, asking to give some money to assist the GOP. I have contributed in the past. I sent them a return message that until the DOJ had arrested and charged the main actors in the "Deep State" who had committed treason, that I would not be one of their monetary supporters. Stop the saber rattling and DO something with the evidence you have, dammit! Either do it or get off the pot! 

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    last time i donated $500 to local state representative race and never even got a thank you i made it the LAST time....
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Political donation though one thinks may be noble, can be a big mistake.
    By doing so your mail boxes both at your home and on the computer plus your telephone will be taken over by hundreds seeking more donations. The will even come to your door and ask for money.
    List of people who donate to whatever cause, pact, or charity, are sold to any with enough cash on hand despite these pacts saying they will never release personal info. If not released or shared, people hack, steal, and spy to attain these lists.

Made the mistake of donating to our local PD association which I highly respect with the promise, my donation would be anonymous, but somehow my info was leaked and the many calls from a myriad of other LEO orgs and charities began.  Nothing is sacred anymore when it comes to money...... 

Certainly, I believe in charitable giving as well as donating to political causes I believe in, but bad behavior on the part of the recipients is unacceptable and pisses people of to the point they refuse to donate altogether.  
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^ That is right, Chiefr! They ALL sell your contact info. I probably throw away 4-5 lbs of junk mail a week. How they can afford to mail all that stuff is beyond me. I've started mailing their return envelopes back with another beggar's letter in it with my info torn out. These days you can't even donate to anything without being hounded. I'm going to start buying raffle tickets from the local veteran groups. 
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped donating when the emails from Trump Junior and a few others got more and more aggressive. I am willing to donate some of my money to organizations and causes that I believe in, but when they start demanding my money I am all done. Sorry GOP, I'm gone.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    yep....tons of beggars out there to ignore...last election cycle i went into a rally for my local state representative...wrote em  a check for $500....they all knew me , i knew all of them at the meeting...never got a simple thank you...never again
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I get those request all the time, mostly now from the GOP and Trump himself. I write on each one in red ink that I haven't seen Hillary on trial and nor a single Demo or member of the FBI leadership have been sent to jail over the Russian collusion, wire tapping, entrapment fiasco yet and return each one since they have stamped return envelopes included, am I disappointed......Hell yes,.....piss on them all, I know their games well and can play too, my dollars have dried up    ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    I have never made a political donation to any politician or political party and I'm sure not going to start now.