In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

One less Wendy's in Atlanta

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Politics
Another great decision by the Mayor.  Police chief is gone, who is running the store?  I-75 & I-85 closed by mobs.  Nothing that a few Kenworth's couldn't cure.  This will probably end tomorrow after everyone has their new Nike's and TV's.
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
     ok 
     so stereotyping is raciest but then things like this occur ( looting burning doing harm to other's ) and we can not call out who is doing it or were stereotyping and raciest ?  dd in  the same groups are tearing down and screaming do away with  statures and all names of  places  with confederate name sake's  .  trying to erase history and  wiped clean because they confederates ( who were fighting for there  rights and way of life and independence ) were  against the USA and fighting against the government  gee sounds familiar LOL  
     oh  toss in were mad over trump wanting to build border walls screaming  we do not want fences or border's to keep any one out of America  ..and  yet they build fences  and have  armed guards to keep people out 
     gee is just me     I seem to have missed something along the way ...  

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Based on the video I saw the officer was justified in using deadly force.  If you commit multiple violent felonies, including resisting arrest and robbery,  disarm the officer and point one of his weapons at him, you are likely to get shot every time.  That would happen anywhere in the country.    Every officer at Atlanta PD is insane for going back to work after that...INSANE...everyone of them needs to walk off the job if the Mayor doesn't resign or isn't removed.  Let the city fend for itself...
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    shilowar said:
    ...everyone of them needs to walk off the job if the Mayor doesn't resign or isn't removed.  Let the city fend for itself...
    I agree,.....but can you imagine what Atlanta would be like under those conditions?
    America has lost it's collective mind. Very sad to witness all this crap.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    Marc1301 said:
    shilowar said:
    ...everyone of them needs to walk off the job if the Mayor doesn't resign or isn't removed.  Let the city fend for itself...
    I agree,.....but can you imagine what Atlanta would be like under those conditions?
    America has lost it's collective mind. Very sad to witness all this crap.

Well Seattle is set to defund their PD by 50%...and Minneapolis aswell...all those officers are nuts for even going to work. I'm seriously considering turning my equipment.  It's just not worth it.  Would be a change in lifestyle but we can make the adjustment....it's better then going to prison for doing your job or dying.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Shilowar, My neighbor across the street who is a great guy was a NYC cop for nine years and he wanted very badly to be a K-9 cop but almost impossible unless someone dies. We are about 55 miles north of NYC and I have a 2nd home in Kents Store, Va. My neighbor gave up his job and retrained and is now a NYC fireman. He has three little children and I am so glad to see him come home safe every two nights to his family.

I want you to know that I appreciate everything that you and your fellow LEO's down in SW Virginia and all over do for us. From talking to my friend who worked out of the Bronx, it must be a living hell going on a domestic violence call or traffic stop with all the protesting and lack of appreciation. Please keep your chin up. -----------------Ray
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Certain large cities should just be totally turned over to the "stereotypes". The decent people living there will be welcomed elsewhere where the real Americans live. Federal funding should be eliminated for those cities, it is just stealing money from good people living elsewhere and flushing it down those sewers. Let them defund the police, eliminate the fire department, and let their left wing liberal mayors solve all the problems.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    shilowar said:
    Based on the video I saw the officer was justified in using deadly force.  If you commit multiple violent felonies, including resisting arrest and robbery,  disarm the officer and point one of his weapons at him, you are likely to get shot every time.  That would happen anywhere in the country.    Every officer at Atlanta PD is insane for going back to work after that...INSANE...everyone of them needs to walk off the job if the Mayor doesn't resign or isn't removed.  Let the city fend for itself...
      The only thing they (Jury)will look at is the weapon lethal or did the LEO think it was a lethal weapon.More than likely the grand jury will indict the LEO, I sympathize with The LEO and the suspect did resist heavily. It's a hell of a job to deal with
      Drunk people out of their mind or domestic violence calls.
                                                                 serf

• DaveH196803DaveH196803 Member Posts: 41
    Going off on an old guy tangent. The scenario we find ourselves in, in the world today is partially a result of being a couple generations in to the everybody gets a trophy, you're awesome for just showing up mindset. If anything bad happens to you? Not your fault. It was done to you. You don't have any responsibility for any situations you get in to. Evil corporations. Patriarchy. Systemic racism, et cetera.
    If you're 30 + single with multiple kids upset with not making $15 an hour for making hamburgers, it's because the owner is Scrooge McDuck, not because you took a wrong turn somewhere. I could go on with more examples, but I'm tired of all the dumb * out there.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    every business these dipsticks loot and burn should leave the empty hulk there and rebuild in a CIVILIZED part of town....and tell them to FO and travel further to  "PURCHASE"  their needs.....black looters don't matter
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Extortion 101
    "Feeds me or I riot"  
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Rule of thumb, Do Not Feed the Pigeons.  They just breed and multiply and come squawking for more. Business move out, they will follow.  Just quit feeding them and the population will stabilize. 
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
     ok 
     so stereotyping is raciest but then things like this occur ( looting burning doing harm to other's ) and we can not call out who is doing it or were stereotyping and raciest ?  dd in  the same groups are tearing down and screaming do away with  statures and all names of  places  with confederate name sake's  .  trying to erase history and  wiped clean because they confederates ( who were fighting for there  rights and way of life and independence ) were  against the USA and fighting against the government  gee sounds familiar LOL  
     oh  toss in were mad over trump wanting to build border walls screaming  we do not want fences or border's to keep any one out of America  ..and  yet they build fences  and have  armed guards to keep people out 
     gee is just me     I seem to have missed something along the way ...  

Stereotyping is not racist. 
    And racism is not always a bad thing either.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    II have no idea what prompted this post. Never heard of Windy's. I take it that's a southern store of some sort?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    Windy's >>>>>>>>   rite next to Taco Bell
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Either Windy has stormy eyes or it be dat place nex ta  Micky Ds. Bob
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Spelled Wendy's, hamburger chain, named after owner's Daughter.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    You 'da man, Butchdog2.  I made the edit.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Lost me on that one
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited June 2020
    A warrant for first degree arson has been issued for one of the Wendy's suspects:

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/breaking-arrest-warrants-issued-for-woman-accused-torching-atlanta-wendy/7p7xQIfUaKHscBWbZ3hJ1M/

A phone number is provided at the end of the article for anyone with information on the suspect to report her whereabouts. 

If the eagerness that GB forum members have for ratting each other out to the moderators was to serve as an example; it shouldn't be long before someone tips off the cops   :o
    hope they catch STOOPID and hang her out to dry for many years.....this civil disobedience has to be stopped with bullets...imho.....
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    But wait she could have been his(Brooks) latest mistress before he got shot. So instead of being a good father at home with his children he was out having sex and getting drunk maybe? Now that does not mean he being shot is justified however his actions is the reason for the cops to show up to begin with.
                                                 serf