In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CIRIRI No. 980 Machete Identification and Worth ?????

wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
We have this old vintage Machete we have had for many years and have been unable to identify much information on it. Looks like from Columbia and found one old info that they were worth $300-$500. All other info that seem related are in a foreign language and can't read it. Markings are: CIRIRI No. 980, Incolma SA Columbia Acero Aleman. We are trying to find any info we can like age, worth, etc. We want to list it on GunBroker. Thank you. 

Comments

• navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    When I was in Panama in the 1980's those Columbian machetes sold for $6 to $8.  I can't imagine them being worth $200 - 300.
    To the best of my knowledge, there is not much of a collector market for them.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    Don't know anything about it? Other than, "Acero Aleman", means German Steel.
    I have run across a number of videos on U Tube. From folks, who collect foreign knives and agricultural tools. Seems that it's present condition, would detract from it's collectors value.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    its a cane cutter