In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jimmy Fallon is gone

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
One down and two to go.  I started watching the Tonight Show since Steve Allen started it.  Many good/great hosts over the decades.  Johnny  I think was #1 and Jay close behind.  Dave was also good on a different network.  I quit watching any of the 3 after Jay and also Dave retired. None are funny, just silly at best.  Jimmy has ruined a enjoyable late night show that began in 1954 and had decades of successful successors.
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Is he really gone?   
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    I can only hope.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bye !!!
    I'm too old to start drinking whiskey at two in the morning. :pB)

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    He says it's it's just the summer off.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    wish the bum was gone ...all he could do was  each show ragging on TRUMP.......he needed to watch the old Johnny Carson reruns to learn what real humor and fun was..... fallons failure
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
     Be great. I watch ZERO of any of those clowns and left wing agendas. Jimmy Kummuls is the biggest jack ever. He started out right and got to Hoolyweirds and then all left is right to join in.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the Tonight Show in years and had no idea who the host was. 

I watched a few times when Jay was the host and he was ok but Johnny was the best.

Jimmy Fallon reminds me of a weasel and is about as funny as cancer.  I would expect in this day and age they will have a black person to take the helm, maybe even a black woman.............might I suggest Anglia Davis seeing how they dug her up for the riots in Oakland last week.
    RLTW

• OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    cbxjeff said:
    One down and two to go.  I started watching the Tonight Show since Steve Allen started it.  Many good/great hosts over the decades.  Johnny  I think was #1 and Jay close behind.  Dave was also good on a different network.  I quit watching any of the 3 after Jay and also Dave retired. None are funny, just silly at best.  Jimmy has ruined a enjoyable late night show that began in 1954 and had decades of successful successors.

Good riddance.
    Hope Steven Corvair is next

I have not watched a single one of their shows all the way through since Johnny and Jay retired. Just cannot force myself.
    Maybe if I was a die hard Democrat and weaker upstairs it would help to understand what they think is funny.  

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭

Fallon is incredibly talented and I enjoyed the show up until the election in 2016. It seems he got the order to become a political idiot, and the has not been worth watching since.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
     There is a seth meyers thing that I rank the worst with kimmel next. Never watched any except a few seconds here and there. Literally didnt know the names until very recently
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Like everyone else, I haven't watched since the new guys took over and trashed the old fan base.
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Curly Bill would say "bye".
    Waste of O2 and a few other talk show host belong in the same wagon.
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't care less.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    be just like him to spoil the summer OFF by coming back in the fall
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    he can't go far enough, and he should take that girl from TBS, if it weren't for Trump she wouldn't have anything to say......
    hillbille said:
    he can't go far enough, and he should take that girl from TBS, if it weren't for Trump she wouldn't have anything to say......
    "girl from TBS" >  please name her, so I can avoid her! :D

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    gesshots said:
    hillbille said:
    "girl from TBS" >  please name her, so I can avoid her! :D

samantha bee.......
    edited June 2020
    Samantha Anne Bee is a Canadian-American comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actress, and television host. Bee rose to fame as a correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, where she became the longest-serving regular correspondent. Wikipedia
    Born: October 25, 1969 (age 50 years), Toronto, Canada
    Spouse: Jason Jones (m. 2001)
    YUK  > >:)
    Jon Stewart can take the bus too !   >:)