In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The media is saying there were empty seats at Trumps rally last night.

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
Since the media is so trustworthy does anyone know if this is true??  My guess would be a full house, but what do I know??

Comments

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    cnn is saying it was a dud..also there were reserved tickets on line that lots of were  taken by some groups of younger that never showed to the rally ..and on the next day after a historically horrible event in tulsa  should have been moved a month away at least....seems like event planning was a bummer
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    folks still touchy about gathering  cant wait to see biden numbers or the computer generated folks in the stands
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
     My wife was telling me countless anti-trump people mostly young went on line requested tickets  knowing they were not going to use them just to create the problem 
     she said AOC was bragging about it also,  how the groups  got one over on Trump 
     sad day when it get this low 
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Well this will energize me even more...
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    Facility holds just under 20K, there were roughly 6.2K in attendance.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Look on LiveLeak, they had some video of it and looked like a good turnout to me. You will never hear that from the anti-Trump media, however.
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    [green]CNN, now that is a reputable source [/green]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    The Secret Service said there were between 10 and 12 thousand in attendance, but would not reveal their sources or methods.
    Looked like a lot of empty seats to me, but the problem is one never knows when the video was taken.  I am fairly certain there were a lot of empty seats at 1:00 pm.  With the bias in the media and the spin coming from all side, we will never know, so it doesn't matter.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    After most media talking heads tell us non-stop for a week now stupid attending a rally during a pandemic is, they then say it was a flop because the arena wasn't full. Bob
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Barzillia said:
    Yes, yes, it could not have been the eight campaign advance workers who imported new cases of Covid19 to the state, or Trump's claims about Juneteenth, or the real expectation of no masks and no social distancing indoors, or the failure of his administration to appreciably attract new supporters or hold some of those he had convinced back in 2016........naturally, it was an outstanding success because of the lack of attendance.

Right.
    It could have been a lot of things, Barzillia.
    It seems to be apparent that Trump was disappointed with the turn out in the arena.  Television ratings were good, as was live streaming participation, so it was on balance a successful rally.  On-site participation going forward will tell us a lot about enthusiasm for Trump.

He is working daily to make it harder and harder to support him publicly, but as it was 4 years ago, there is not much other than the anti-Trump vote working against him.  Other than the platitudes presented in the national media, I have yet to hear any actual support for Joe Biden as a candidate other than who he is not.  Granted, I exist in circles that consist of working people and people that have worked their whole lives in the private sector, so I have limited contact with Biden's base.  

4 years ago, only Trump could defeat Trump, just as only Clinton could defeat Clinton.  The racing is shaping up the same way today, but now we have two candidates with a record in government that can be compared and contrasted.  It remains Trump's election to lose, IMO, and he may just be successful in doing so if he doesn't get a handle on his message.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Media screams about too many people in one place and than adds no one went LOL
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    Media, especially CNN, has a lot in common with a Christmas turkey.  
  • gemmergemmer Member Posts: 42
    us55840 said:
    News reported slightly over 6K attended and yes, empty seats due to marxists reserving seats with no intention of attending and also the same blocking the entrances of some with tickets.
    Regardless, the rally is on YouTube if you want to see for yourself.
    Don't forget, some 6 million plus watched the rally on streaming video, etc. even tho not in attendance.
    Question:  How many turn up for a Biden speech or rally?  Right, none 'cause he is hiding in his bunker.
     :p 
     So, you believed the mainstream media when they reported that? WoW! You forgot to mention that Trump's campaign chairman said that they new about the false reservations attempts but defeated it by cross checking phone numbers with names to see if they were genuine. So, which is it?