Do you live along the southern border of the USA ?

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,194 ✭✭✭✭
Without being political about it, how do you feel about the border fence. 
The choices are only:
1.  I'm all for it.
2.  I'm against it.
3.  No opinion.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 22,715 ******
    edited June 22
    us55840 said:
    Without being political about it...
    The last time this request was attempted, the membership maintained restraint for about two hours. Let's see how long they can stick to providing nothing more than one of those three answers. 

Any bets?
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    #1 But I can see Canada from my living room.
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭
    Before giving a concise answer, I need to know the exact location of the fence. 

On the farm we built fences on the property line to keep the cows in.  We did NOT build the fence "any distance" away from the property line.  Why give up your property to the neighbor for his cows to graze in your pasture?
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 22,715 ******
    edited June 23
    I'd like to answer, but since I no longer live in a state along the southern border, I'm disqualified. 

I can sense the members holding back...their combined trembling is rattling all three of my monitors! Are you sure that you want this to stay in GD? You'd get a lot more answers in Politics. It's only a matter of time before someone cracks, so it will end up there anyway.
  • varianvarian Member Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭
    im for it but where i live i have a very large natural moat to the south of me.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23

I don’t think its political to say the most fundamental task for any standing government in the history of the world was to define and establish boarders.

Look at the CHOP in Seattle.

Step 1- control their borders.

• MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭
    My ranch is less than 11 miles from the border. #1 all the way.

Merc
  • gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    What border? I live in the Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,084 ✭✭✭

If we do the south we must do the north. I like south of the border cooking way more than any round bacon

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭
    I live in CT , I'm all for the fence !!
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭
    Mercury said:
    My ranch is less than 11 miles from the border. #1 all the way.

Merc
    With reference to my post above, which side of the fence would your ranch be on?
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,194 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    us55840 said:
    Without being political about it...
    The last time this request was attempted, the membership maintained restraint for about two hours. Let's see how long they can stick to providing nothing more than one of those three answers. 

Any bets?
    I would hope for the best. 
    After all, there is nothing political IMO about protecting the geographical borders of the United States.   For example, Switzerland is probably the ONLY country in the world that has never been invaded because of their border (natural border of mountains) security.

On the truck of a fencing company is this:  "Good Fences Make Good Neighbors" and I do believe that to be true; living on a farm or living in a town.
     B) 

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 10,860 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    Yes 1, I own land in El Paso TX.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭
    I may not live near the border, but I am one of the many who is paying for it.  So, I think I deserve an opinion.
    But, fence?  Do you mean the "big beautiful" fence that can be breeched in 3-5 minutes with a Sawzall?  Really?
    Neal
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭
    I too would be disqualified from answering based on my location but my unqualified opinion is #1
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭✭

While I do not currently live on the Southern Border, I used to live in El Paso. (And) As has been stated, I will be helping to pay for it through taxes, (as well as paying for all the Illegals getting Freebies.) so I deserve an opinion.

YES. (#1) Build the Border Fence/Wall. No Nation can survive unfettered access to our resources, without keeping out Non-Citizens and maintaining Security.

It is LONG overdue.

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭✭

While I do not currently live on the Southern Border, I used to live in El Paso. (And) As has been stated, I will be helping to pay for it through taxes, (as well as paying for all the Illegals getting Freebies.) so I deserve an opinion.

YES. (#1) Build the Border Fence/Wall. No Nation can survive unfettered access to our resources, without keeping out Non-Citizens and maintaining Security.

It is LONG overdue.

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,352 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to answer, but since I no longer live in a state along the southern border, I'm disqualified. 

I can sense the members holding back...their combined trembling is rattling all three of my monitors! Are you sure that you want this to stay in GD? You'd get a lot more answers in Politics. It's only a matter of time before someone cracks, so it will end up there anyway.

To my mind FL coastline represents a rather large portion of the southern border.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 218 ✭✭
    #1 for me.
    I live not far from the border. my neighbors and I are fed up with the theft, the trash they leave in their wake and the wildfires they start.  A wall won't be pretty but it's necessary since the government refuses to treat illegals as lawbreakers.  A wall needs to include sensors so we can tell when the wall has been cut or breached.
    Mechanical engineers have their moments.
    This was started in general discussion but moved to politics......
    IMO, yes the border needs to be secure to prevent an invasion of illegals .. whom the law tends to allow to enter and stay and suck up government welfare funds at our expense.
    The current wall being built is OK I guess ... but for the $$$$$$$$ cost, I would have opted for a hundred yard wide swath of ground along the edge of the Rio Grande bordered in each side with woven wire fence with the area between filled with land mines.  
    No welfare, no recidivism and the courts would not be tied up either.
  • Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 218 ✭✭
    This is what the current border fence looks like here.

Mechanical engineers have their moments.
    This is what the current border fence looks like here.

Maybe send those photos to President Trump and see what happens.

Any issues with illegals crossing and creating problems where you are at?