In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Andrew Jackson statue in DC

medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
Was being shown live on TV that the protestors were trying to pull down the statue in DC.  Cops were not there for quite awhile.
This is public property paid for by tax dollars...need to start arresting and charing these fools.

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    What's going to happen when they start destroying Lincoln's memorials and Teddy Roosevelt's.  Just think about Mount Rushmore, and all the streets and school's named after them, and those dedicated to Union officers.  It's coming and it's going to smack a lot of naïve individuals cross-eyed.  
    What's next?
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    I never thought I’d see this day.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    Kimi, Was your word "charing" a Freuding slip? 
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    all will be erased and the new world order will start with new historys
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I never thought I would see the day either.
    I seriously believe they will want to demolish Mt Rushmore in the near future because it has Washington, Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt on it.
    People hold Lincoln up as a god.  I do give him credit for being the President in the worse period of time our nation has known, but much of that is his fault.  This country was founded on the principles that a group of peoples could leave if they so felt it was necessary.  The Declaration of Independence clearly states:
    "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation"

When the southern states so felt they no longer wished to be part of the US, they exercised the exact same thing the original 13 colonies did in separating from England.  Instead of allowing them to go their own direction, he sent forces to prevent this same action that founded the United States.

Lincoln did not free the slaves and thus the Civil War ensued.  The Emancipation Proclamation was not issued until almost 2 years  into the war and then it only freed the slaves in the rebellious states.  If one were to look at the transcripts of the Lincoln-Douglas debates, they would see that he never believed or felt that the black people could ever be equal to the white people.  Yes we know that is not true today, but it was a commonly held belief back then by many people.

edited June 2020

I'd say most Southerners saw it coming for quite a few years now. I'd also say that most of us don't feel any pain that folks are just now beginning to experience. I'm just looking forward to the moment "The Party of Lincoln" shows their colors or keeps them folded. Personally, I'd like to see their constituents throw the neo-cons that have been running the party for the last generation or two under the bus, get some backbone, and kick some a as, literally.

What's next?
    edited June 2020

Cbx, I wish I could take credit for that, alas, I can't. Credit the clear thinking to medic07!!!

What's next?
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Bad leadership from congress with the budget deficits, with immorality and The FEDERAL RESERVE with the Wuhan virus and bingo, civil unrest with mass unemployment for The poor and middle class. Full employment with benefits is dead for the masses, and they know it and  The Marxist are filling the gap for radical reform.

serf
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    It looked to me like the most active participants were very organized -- & were dressed the same.  They had blue helmets, gloves, & wore a black balaclava on their heads.  Reminded me of the unknown group we saw last year, appearing at college campuses & rallies on the Left Coast to burn, loot, & beat up conservatives.
    I am not a conspiracy theorist, but, something doesn't look right.
    Neal