In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The blue flu is coming?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 It already started for BLM protestors and rioters.Soon white police could be next to pull out of the mess
 Because of weak backing from politicians in their districts. It looks like Chaos is coming for the big cities.
                                                         serf

The text told officers not to volunteer to work on days off, to limit arrests, and to call in sick to make a statement to Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the City Council about how much officers are needed.

The bottom line – it is calling for what is known as “blue flu.”

The head of the Fraternal Order of Police is not denouncing the move. But the mayor calls it stupid.

This weekend was one of Chicago’s bloodiest in years, with at least 102 people shot between 5 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday, and 13 of them killed.

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't blame them a bit.
    Sad thing is that most of these cities have taken great efforts to disarm their citizens, making them more dependent upon police than free people should be.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    Will they give a daily count - like they do for the Beer Flu?

I expect the "new cases" will go up, the "recovered cases" will stay the same and the "deaths" will go down.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Chicago had 104 shot on Fathers day, Charlotte just had a bunch shot, meanwhile the important thing is the racist statues are coming down.
    As I have said when all the statues are gone, when the cops are gone, when 40% of the elected officials are people of color, Etc. we will STILL have severe issues in the communities we have them in today.
    Some day their won't be anything left to blame but the people who live there. I look forward to the day people look to resolve the actual problems
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    mogley98 said:
    snip . . . .
     I look forward to the day people look to resolve the actual problems
    Quite optimistic of you.  Just how long to you expect to live?