In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hold CHINA accountable

spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
china gave us CV....???rite??? a brilliant economic warfare move for which i do not see much retaliation...i mean we cannot shoot em, or send a missle over while they kill our people and disrupt out economy...BUT ..a similar no brainer move would be to refuse entry to one china container ship for every AMERICAN CV death... a one to one move to balance the scales..now i would see chinamart (walmart) shed tears but hey AMERICA was a viable country before they go to be retail giants and i believe we could survive without their import stuff and build it HERE anyway >>>>>>  jobs  jobs  jobs

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Systematic destruction of our manufacturing base by egregious tax policy, poor business climate, and punitive regulations by government at all levels gave us China.

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    that is also true....i remember years ago if i wanted to clean out a creek channel thru my property to reduce flooding i had to deal with over a dozen agencies....stoopid.....i went thru with my 4wd tractor and cleaned about a third of it anyway till i decided squirreling around the trees and brush was to risky to damage tractor.....north of the creek i had an irrigation circle that wiped 72 acres and once when we got a really heavy rain here and to the drainage just west, the creek backed up, went out of its channel about 1/2 mile north and almost all of the circle area was under water...next spring i walked the sand hills just west and found water  marks 15 ft above normal 
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    China hid what was going on in Wuhan by design.  So what?
    In this day and age, a virus will propagate unless an entire population is 100% quarantined, and then, once quarantine is lifted, will pick up where it left off.  We are seeing that today in the US, and it is to be expected.  It is the natural course of events, and for us to think we can change it is not only hubris, it is dangerous.  We either have the virus run its course, or we remain huddled in our basements until our betters tell us that we now have a vaccine and it is safe to come out and play.  A vaccine will be only partially effective, so even if we wait a year for a vaccine, the virus will, again, pick up where it left off.
    China is evil.  We should stop buying things from China and encourage production in the US. 
    The consumer will be the driving force behind this, as it was the consumer who drove manufacturing to China because we are selfish people.   I am fully on board with punishing China, but that is an individual thing, and is not a government thing.  Stop buying from China and you solve the problem.  Don't go crying to government to solve a problem we as individuals created.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Thought of the day. The virus will be with us for ever, vaccine or no vaccine, just like the seasonal flu.
    It seems that all the "precautions" are just dragging it out.  Leave it  alone and let it run it's course, avoid the stupidity and  it might have been behind us. The people that have died with health issues set off by the virus may well have passed with or with out the stupids. My two cents, bring it on.