In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump's Executive Order to protect statues

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Politics

Your thoughts, please.

What's next?

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean statues, then I am all for it. He seems to be about the only one with the stones to stand up to these anarchists. Protest is OK but destruction should be dealt with decisively. Bob
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭

Tks. Fixed it!

What's next?
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    We all know Trump did the right thing, but I'll be dammed if the media and the DEMOCRATs are making Trump the villain for protecting the statues.  
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    they can write all the laws/executive orders they want, until they start enforcing them they are just unused toilet paper.............
    edited June 2020
    chiefr said:
    We all know Trump did the right thing, but I'll be dammed if the media and the DEMOCRATs are making Trump the villain for protecting the statues.  
    I've said for the longest now, that their kind are my worst enemy.
    What's next?
    edited June 2020
    hillbille said:
    they can write all the laws/executive orders they want, until they start enforcing them they are just unused toilet paper.............
    Yes, that's pretty much what it ordinarily amounts to.  What is Trump going to do, round up any skunk that desecrates, say, a Confederate statue.  I seriously doubt that.  These people are the spitting image of their politicians in both parties.  For example, the skunks in the GOP and any of their constituents that whine about Lincoln's, Grant's, or Teddy Roosevelt's statues being vandalized that did not complain just as loud when Confederate memorials and symbols were destroyed, are worse yet as I see it.  Trump is definitely challenged.  That said...I can see why some dictators might have come to power.
    What's next?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    hillbille said:

Bingo,......we already have thousands of pages of laws covering destruction of property both public and private. There should have been no need for another stack of useless paper.
    Protesting is legal,...... vandalism, looting, and other forms of violence are not. This should have been stomped down on a long time ago, and some heads cracked along the way.

The whole situation is disgusting beyond belief, and both political parties share responsibility for allowing this. Also, why is it that 'our side' never counters these events? Why have there not been masses of law abiding citizens to come out and protect these places that are being destroyed? We all know the answer to that question, and it makes it very likely this will continue until they get what they want 100%.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    Marc1301 said:
    hillbille said:

Bingo,......we already have thousands of pages of laws covering destruction of property both public and private. There should have been no need for another stack of useless paper.
    Protesting is legal,...... vandalism, looting, and other forms of violence are not. This should have been stomped down on a long time ago, and some heads cracked along the way.

The whole situation is disgusting beyond belief, and both political parties share responsibility for allowing this. Also, why is it that 'our side' never counters these events? Why have there not been masses of law abiding citizens to come out and protect these places that are being destroyed? We all know the answer to that question, and it makes it very likely this will continue until they get what they want 100%.

Thanks for the clear and common sense end of this Mark.
    What's next?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    jim_lemay said:
    Universal Welfare loss will get the scum to heel.
     :) 
    And just whom do you foresee getting that huge change accomplished? While it 'might' work, it will never happen.
    Ultimately a move like that is likely to incite a huge civil war, which the powers that be will avoid at ALL costs.

We live in a new world.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Can't be avoided. Plan ahead, you have less than 1 year, unless Trump starts jailing the puppets who  are inciting. But then again why would he jail his buddies?