In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA has shed 200 staffers this year as group faces financial crisis

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
The good old days are over for The NRA. The ivory tower is going to collapse on Wayne LaPierre.
                                         serf
The 200-plus layoffs and furloughs, which have not previously been reported and were mainly at NRA headquarters in Virginia, were spurred by declines in revenues and fundraising, heavy legal spending, political infighting, and charges of insider self-dealing under scrutiny by attorneys general in New York and Washington DC, the sources say.

“The widespread Covid layoffs and furloughs have further harmed both the NRA’s legal capacity and political influence beyond what was already a troubling deterioration,” said one NRA official who requested anonymity to discuss internal matters. The official added the outlook this year for NRA political spending was “deeply concerning.”

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of Wayne's.

IMO the NRA has done too much compromising with the anti 2a groups and their time is over now.  I also believe they have hired a bunch of chit birds like Wayne and Nuggent while marginalizing some good people.

I am a life member and have been since the 80's but I don't participate anymore or rally have much to do with the NRA except read their "American Rifleman" magazine which has gone down hill in the last 10 years.
    RLTW

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

Until they sack Wayne I'm not giving anything more to them. Many people feel the same way.

• gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Judging by the mail I have been getting from the NRA, they have had financial crisis every year for the last 50.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Wayne, isn't going to get his MULTI millions this year. in salary and compensation like he has in the past???