In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Locust Fork is not alone with mouse problems

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
#1 son called a bit ago, he works for a small telecom outfit in western Wyoming.
Seems he had to check a trouble at one of there towers that was having trouble with internet and TV, he was on his way there and suddenly cell phone service also dropped with Verizon, and two other cell carriers that are carried on that tower.
He got there and mice had chewed through multiple things, including a bunch of fiber optic cables this morning.
It was all easily repaired and all services restored, but the big pain was getting the box sealed and mouse proofed along with scattering some of the minty smelling mouse repellent.
Guess this is the year of the mice and ticks.

Mule

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,269 ******
    I opened the lid on my propane tank a couple days ago to check level and found a nest of leaves containing a mouse mom with what seemed like  a dozen little meeses clinging to her! :| 

I broke a branch off a nearby tree and pushed them out of there.  Would have stomped em but I was sitting on my tractor and would have been too slow anyway. 
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy rains have drove them in.
    In my tractor
    In my cars
    In my sheds
    In my house

People say, "Don't kill the snakes - they eat mice!".  Well, they aren't doing their jobs!
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    Don't kill the snakes, sure, but also help them out and kill the mice yerself!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Don't kill the snakes, sure, but also help them out and kill the mice yerself!

Get more snakes. Put some snakes in the house. This will make you think about getting a mouser type cat.