In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If you build it they will come, pic heavy

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
I keep a mineral block and protein protein block out most of the time on my path through the woods.  I've added corn to the mix.  I now know that is one way to keep the masked bandits out of the pole barn.  The last two pictures are of an old doe that is spending a lot of time grazing.  Her ears are all beat up and she is on the skinny side to be sure.  Maybe keeping her in corn will fatten her up a bit.

This one is what I see a lot when hunting in the deep woods.  

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    NICE!!!
    What's next?
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a problem with CWD in your area?
    That doe in the next to last picture doesn't look to good.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

No CWD issues. She's just old. We haven't hunted the farm much to build up the population so she's getting long in the tooth. She will be culled this year if coyotes don't get her before season opens.

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    Friend posted a doe chasing a coyote around one of his out buildings.  Really funny video.  Went around maybe 6 times then changed directions for another 3 rounds until the coyote finally escaped her rath :D
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    Nice pictures.  I too was concerned over the doe, but then saw your reply.  
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    susie said:
    Do you have a problem with CWD in your area?<\/div>
    <\/div>","bodyRaw":"
    Do you have a problem with CWD in your area?<\/div>
    <\/div>","format":"wysiwyg","dateInserted":"2020-06-29T19:25:58+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":327918,"name":"RugerNiner","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6031683\/uploads\/phpbb\/n116c87db70253cfa97f7db3c9c349670_327918.jpg","dateLastActive":"2020-06-29T20:02:09+00:00","label":"✭✭✭"},"displayOptions":{"showUserLabel":false,"showCompactUserInfo":true,"showDiscussionLink":false,"showPostLink":false,"showCategoryLink":false,"renderFullContent":false,"expandByDefault":false},"url":"https:\/\/forums.gunbroker.com\/discussion\/comment\/11197067#Comment_11197067","embedType":"quote"}"> https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/comment/11197067#Comment_11197067

No CWD issues. She's just old. We haven't hunted the farm much to build up the population so she's getting long in the tooth. She will be culled this year if coyotes don't get her before season opens.

The rest of them all look strong and healthy!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭