In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Local observations of the Kung flu

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
Hmmm, South Carolina was a early opening state. Lots of Restaurants have re-closed due to staff testing positive, not sure that matters so much as they served plenty of food before they knew it.  Several high end local restaurants are gone forever, probably OK since we had one on every corner anyway.
I went by the bank today, they have to be loving this, still nobody allowed inside without appointment, drive through works fine for me, not as much small talk.
A friend said her husband fell out of a roof hatch at work and when they finally convinced him to go to a Doc in the box they were all three hours full? I did notice when I was at the bank the one close by had a huge line of people outside, some even had umbrellas due to the 94 degree temps, I would have to be dying, I ain't sitting out in that for a cut!
Myrtle Beach seems to be bad news, Mom lives there and won't go anywhere. Damned if you do damned if you don't, Myrtle relies on vacationers, but Hotels can't handle the volume, no where to eat without waiting in huge lines visitors pizzed off. All the shows and such are canceled so you got the beach and golf.
Oh well Trump said we will have a vaccine soon enough.
Buy some more Pharmacuetical stocks and learn to spell pharmacutical

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    Down here in Houston Texas we had The Floyd funeral where 100's of thousands came out with little or no protection.Now we are Number one list with new cases. Not one main line  news media has ever reported this cause of the spread of The Wuhan
     Virus other than during the protest that defeating police white racism is more important than the general population health.
                                                 serf
             On Friday, the top official in Harris County, which includes Houston, declared an emergency, and thousands of cell phones buzzed with warnings to shelter in place. “Today, we find ourselves careening toward a catastrophic and unsustainable situation,” Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said during a media briefing. “There is a severe and uncontrolled outbreak of covid-19. Our hospitals are using 100% of their base capacity now, and are having to start relying on surge capacity.”

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of local restaurants and bars have closed because staff tested positive.
    Hell, probably half of the people that have gone through these places over the past few weeks either have or have had the COVID.
    Classic over-reaction.  Apparently we did not learn from the first time around that this thing is going to be with us and those  who are not part of the 0.5% that are in danger of this thing need to be allowed to go about their lives. 

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    Americans are used to the FREEDOMS to act STUPID in spite of warnings of fatal consequences......
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Americans are used to the FREEDOMS to act STUPID in spite of warnings of fatal consequences......
    This morning 'science' told us their could to upwards of  9 - 24 times the number of infections than the 2,600,000+ that have been confirmed.  130,000 deaths in upwards of 62 million cases would be a mortality rate of .2%.  Just a few days ago, it was upwards of 10 times the number of confirmed infections.  Warnings are wearing thin when the science changes daily.  There could be 100 million people in this country who have or have had the disease.  We do not know.  What we do know is that active and healthy people are at virtually zero risk from this thing.
    It is not stupid to suggest these people have the right to and should get on with life.
    It is incredibly selfish to demand they do not.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Since only 0.02% of the population dies from the flu, and those that do contract it have a better than 95% survival rate........ WTH is the big deal? Regular flu seasons that get ignored have often been that bad!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Columbia made it a requirement to wear a mask.  Cops yelled at someone today and ask where the persons mask was... they replied where is yours? Palmetto Armory had limit one box of ammo. Sportsmans right up the road had no limits..
  • thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    More people are dying of AIDS than the coronavirus. 
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    In my ZIP Code- 33896, in Osceola County, there are supposed to be 5 active cases. Unlike one of our forum members, I didn't contact the Public Health department and demand their names and addresses, but the threat seems minor. Once Disney reopens and the tourists return, it will be a different story.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    Missouri has "opened up" statewide. More testing at the pork plant has resulted in a huge upsurge of confirmed cases. Workers over age 60 are still given the option of going back to work or continuing to receive full 40 hour pay w/o coming to work.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Los Angeles County’s big news is “One out of every one hundred and forty people may have CoVID!”

Thats .7% of the population.

And of these infected people, the Gounty Health Officer reports about 95% of the infected who pass away were dying of something else already.

So we sit down everything because of a potentially deadly threat to .007% of the population?

<sigh>