In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I think I’m in love.

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I'm not a pickup trunk enthusiast, but that one looks nice. I really like those wheels. 
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, me neither. I have been driving Expeditions since they first came out back in 97. But I might be switching to a pickup

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Crew cab pick up with short bed is a glorified wheel borrow
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭
    If it has tits or tires sooner or later you are going to have trouble with it!
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    I don't generally like the looks of most of these new automobiles, but that looks pretty nice. 
  • lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference except the GMC is a 2020. Looks like Ford took some styling cues from GMC.

GMC still sporting those square wheel wells. Not quite as square as they were.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    Give me a Ram.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    How much for that truck?
    Looks like the top of the line too.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
  • Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Let me guess, $70k+ for a fancy town truck/grocery getter. No thanks. 3/4 or 1 ton real pickup. My truck is pulling a trailer 90% of the time. And gets a new dent in the bed about weekly.
    I used to be a Ford guy, still have a Mustang GT, but working around fleets and watching how Ford and Chevy trucks and vans age working side by side, Ford just do not hold up to the elements and hard use as well as Chevy.
    My Mustang is a fun car but it suffers from typical Ford poor quality fit and finish. Last Ford I will own. If I was buying a half ton truck again it would be a Toyota.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it is a Ford and I owned my last in the last century, but it does not have that pig nose the Dodges sport.

I would get one if these but I can’t fit in it 😂

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    The grill looks like they took styling cues from the Ford Ranger.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    austin20 said:

I believe that's an Alabama vehicle on the left. One head light out and the other one pointed up in sky for c oon hunting at night.
    I could always tell when I crossed the state line into Alabama with all the cars and trucks on the highway with only one headlight.  :D

Pretty bad when you can't even spell out the word C O O N with out it being censored. 
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

I had to send my 2007 Ford F-250 down the road after the turbo boot blew off. Again. Leaving the family stuck with a trailer for three hours on the side of I-10 outside of Palm Springs on super bowl Sunday. Then the no. 8 glow plug failed right after I replaced the boot so the check engine light stayed on. That truck only had 102,500 miles on it but even though it was paid off I was done.

I looked at the 2020 Ford SD trucks, but a) I didn’t trust the new first-year 10 speed transmission they now come with and b) the prices on the 2020 were God-awfully high. The Diesel engine alone for 2020 was a $10,500 option!

I searched around and in mid-April I found a new 2019 F-350 sitting on a lot unsold with just what I wanted; XLT, 40/20/40 front seat, white with gray inside, diesel, crew cab, long bed 4x4. Nice enough to take to Church but not so slick and fancy I’m worried to do anything that I do with trucks. I got this one for $53,000 OTD, minus my $7,500 trade in so I financed a $45,500 at 1.25% at my credit union. All I’ve added are running boards, window tint, bug guard, mud * and a spray in bedliner.

I hate having a payment again, but my piece of mind is worth every penny.

Stay safe.

• Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

I guess mudflap is a bad word? *?

Stay safe.

• Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Give me a Ram.
    I’m loving my 2014 Ram still. 

Jon

No need to worry about the one on the left. Now the little stinker on the right ( our neighbors granddaughter) she is a firecracker

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    I like it!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    austin20 said:

Just get a "bigger" little one (bomb and trailer - not included).
    https://imgur.com/0F1z7am

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

When I seek automotive excellence, my gaze shifts away from Detroit, and to the East.
    And yes I am in love.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    The thing to remember after the payments stop and it is all yours is the truck will eventually wind up in a junk yard like hundreds of millions of other tucks and cars have.  My shipping crate for a Cummins 5.9 24V, is a Dodge Ram 2500.  The seat wore out from axx time so I replaced it, the dash is cracked and "fixed" with black Gorilla tape, the volume control on the steering wheel fell apart and I had to have the rust fixed with new panels and red rhino-liner as paint (living on a dirt road makes paint useless).  The bed rotted off so now it has a flat bed for $2,400 bucks.  I have not had a  truck payment in 14 years, the mileage is close to 565,000 miles.
    Other than routine maintenance, shocks, brakes, springs, ball joints and exhaust it it still serving me daily for 200-400 miles.  It sometimes gets crushed with 2,500- 3,000 pounds of tires needed by a customer.
    If a frame rails rots off, it will get replaced, if the AC dies I will park it and drive the Kia Soul until fixed.  As long as it runs and is reliable, I refuse to pay 70K for a new one.  The must haves is reliability and safety in the undercarriage.  I will not tolerate brakes pulling, drive line issues or AC not working.  Other than that it will keep on rolling until I can't drive any more or somebody T-bones me and takes it out.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    The thing to remember after the payments stop and it is all yours is the truck will eventually wind up in a junk yard like hundreds of millions of other tucks and cars have.  My shipping crate for a Cummins 5.9 24V, is a Dodge Ram 2500.  The seat wore out from axx time so I replaced it, the dash is cracked and "fixed" with black Gorilla tape, the volume control on the steering wheel fell apart and I had to have the rust fixed with new panels and red rhino-liner as paint (living on a dirt road makes paint useless).  The bed rotted off so now it has a flat bed for $2,400 bucks.  I have not had a  truck payment in 14 years, the mileage is close to 565,000 miles.
    Other than routine maintenance, shocks, brakes, springs, ball joints and exhaust it it still serving me daily for 200-400 miles.  It sometimes gets crushed with 2,500- 3,000 pounds of tires needed by a customer.
    If a frame rails rots off, it will get replaced, if the AC dies I will park it and drive the Kia Soul until fixed.  As long as it runs and is reliable, I refuse to pay 70K for a new one.  The must haves is reliability and safety in the undercarriage.  I will not tolerate brakes pulling, drive line issues or AC not working.  Other than that it will keep on rolling until I can't drive any more or somebody T-bones me and takes it out.
    Exactly what happened to the man who bought my Cummins Dodge. He drove it all the way back to Nevada..had it for about 6 months and another person ran a light and T boned the passenger side. Reckon I sold it before the truck put the hex on me.  Loving my 3/4 ton Ford F250. Does what I need, has a long bed 8' like a real truck should.

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

I traded in my 2003 Ford ranger edge limited special order regular cab short bed fleet side when I bought the Lexus and the Lincoln in a package deal...

Loved the ranger - special ordered by a retiring Ford master mechanic - it had the police / security package version of the 3.0 liter high output six and a massive oversized twin fan radiator - transmission oil cooler - 12.5 gallon gas tank - the premier edge package but manual windows and manual door locks and manual slider rear window - positraction rear end so both tires spun - some real strange options in super odd combos...

But I loved that little truck - traded it with 130,000 miles.

The Lexus RX350 SUV was a 2001 with 51,000 miles in pristine condition with every imaginable luxury option and a bullet proof proven engine and transmission combo that is super reliable and much beloved...

The Lincoln LS sport coupe V8 had 48,000 miles and was a 2005 - pristine condition...

Husband and wife doctors retiring to Florida - both bought a Mercedes Benz coupe and a Subaru outback loaded crosstech luxury sports wagon prior to relocating - both vehicles I bought were second cars or weekend cars not primary transport vehicles and had been meticulously dealer maintained by a very fussy man...

I think for my trade and $5,000.00 I stole both old used cars from the dealer - who admitted they were going to have trouble selling them and sending them to auction would be a loss - I got them 2 days after they were traded and they had not finished dealer prep yet or put them out on the lot. Brand new tires and braked and detailed and tuned up / maintenance done - new filters and batteries - etc...

I would love a brand new ranger or F150 - but the prices are insane - instant depreciation - every truck is loaded with options and has four doors and a long bed...

I wanted a simple regular cab fleet or step side short bed truck with some nice options but manual windows and locks - and I did not want the top line Max performance biggest engine...

Manual transmission - they don't exist anymore.

Ever seen a Toyota or Nissan full size truck that was regular cab fleet side short bed with a big six and a manual trans???

They don't exist.

Dodge was still making rams optioned to my tastes - but the prices were prohibitive - I did not want to finance $40,000 - $50,000 over 6 years - I did not want to pay premium insurance on a financed vehicle for six years...

I gave my Subaru dealer my trade and paid the balance in cash that I had saved over 3 years.

I have nothing but respect for you gents who can and do buy nicely optioned new vehicles at will - I just never made enough money to do that and never felt comfortable doing that...

Did I take a risk and roll the dice buying two very old used vehicles - is there a chance that I would have all sorts of problems I would not deal with on a new vehicle - yes.

The dealers make 5 times the profit on an optioned truck or SUV or van or crossover than on sedans and coupes and fleet cars - they can make insane profits on super loaded trucks and suvs with all the options.

No more brand loyalty were you buy an entry level basic economy vehicle and as you earn more and progress through life go back to that brand and dealer for a nicer bigger vehicle or a second vehicle...

I regret that such basic reliable vehicles just do not exist anymore.

Mike

FCD. That big superduty is way more than I need and that beautiful A8 you bought a few years back is way too nice for me. I prefer something in between those two. The Expeditions have really fit my needs for years. Big enough for all the family and towing a boat, hauling goods for projects at the house but still practical enough to be my daily driver. Moving to a 4 door pickup still gives me room for 5, towing capacity for what I tow and cargo space for stuff. When I have big projects here at home I have product delivered. The other rare times I need a big truck I rent one.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I have heard that you had to join the Democrat party in order to work as a mechanical engineer.  Maybe that's only some markets?

These trucks are not much more sophisticated than a 1950s automobile except for safety, emissions, electronic engine management, abs brakes, dohc, backup camera, but that's all stuff you can get on a $12,000 econobox.  Yet they charge an arm and a leg for the truck.  The price subsidizes entire communities whose support America has lost.  

My next vehicle will probably be from the far East.  
    The far East will love you for it because the dollar goes farther there than here in subsidizing communities that never supported America. Bob