In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Woke up with a sore back

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭

but my right shoulder pain and range of movement has returned. Last year my right shoulder hurt and I could not reach up and grab things on the top shelf with my right. I went to chiropractor for a bit and that helped but I did not have full range of movement. Since I was stuck at about 70% or there abouts I stopped and saved a few bucks. So I was a lefty for a while.

I was awakened with a sharp pokey/stabby feeling in the shoulder socket and there was a "pop" it passed so I kept on sleeping. For a while I cup my arm pit and push up my shoulder would pop (like cracking knuckles) so I was used to my shoulder popping. First time sleeping though. When I finally did wake up my whole shoulder/back area hurted. But was able to reach over head with my right arm (it's a little stiff from lack of use). Now if I could find a ligit masseuse they could work out the kinks but I don't think there are any around here. If they are to be found I believe they ain't cheap.

For now I am happy I can move my right arm. I'll roll on the floor with tennis balls under me to see if that'll help with my back pain.

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    Glad it popped back in.  Hopefully it will stay, and the muscles will relax.  Work it to keep it loose,but don't over do it either.  Good luck.

Here how 'Martin Riggs' use to do his shoulder, remember??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igrdi_lhhW4
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
     Hope it settles down for you and get some relief from the pain
     I have a bad back 24/7 no let up  thank goodness for pain pills 

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    If I woke up with no back pain I'd think I was dead. 
    Good luck to you Yosh
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    Told the doctor I was suffering from a weak back.  The doc asked how long has this been troubling you?

"Oh, about a week back"   :o 

Good ole Larry Fine joke from those good ole Three Stooges days!  :)

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I hope you feel better.

We are countin' on you for the GBGD Kamikaze Corp. 😁

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    A little sore today like if I slept wrong. Did shoulder shrugs and rolls most of the night. The noises I can hear from my shoulder is like someone sitting on a pack of saltines that are under the sofa cushions. It's strange that I'm happy to be able to assume the position without much pain. I forgot to buy a fresh tube of Ben-"Happy". Ah tomorrow.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

For now I am happy I can move my right arm. I'll roll on the floor with tennis balls under me to see if that'll help with my back pain.

Google up "swimming pool noodles" and watch a few U-Tubes on them for joint and back pains.........they've been my miracle and they cost only $3  :)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Ah, "Ben Happy, and assuming the position."

Your from CA. right? 😂

This is better than Whack a Mole.

Bwahahahaha.........................................................😅

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭

Junkballer - Picked up one of those noodle things today. Kind a wished there were thicker ones but I picked up a medium one? Maybe at the end of the season I'll get a mess of them and make a mattress out of them.

KenK/84Bravo - I don't know how you assume the position in your state but here in California cops want us perps to interlace the fingers behind one's head.

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    I love my Inversion table.
    It takes the weight off the back and stretches the muscles.
    Just don't invert with a head cold - you could drown.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭

Junkballer - Picked up one of those noodle things today. Kind a wished there were thicker ones but I picked up a medium one? Maybe at the end of the season I'll get a mess of them and make a mattress out of them.

They make them up to 3" in diameter, cut them to length to fit your needs. I Duck-tapped several together and lay them both long-ways and cross-ways, when I hear or feel the pops/cracks I know it working and pain relief is almost instant.  :)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee