In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Awesome 7 can soup

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
Give this one a try it's really good. I've  got a batch of this on the stove right now.

You'll need a pot that will hold a gallon of liquid. The soup won't fill up the pot but you need some room to stir. This will yield about 3/4 of a gallon of soup. 
This is what you need.
1- 15 oz. can of bean less chili Hormel, Wolf what ever.
1- 15 oz.  can of corn with red/green peppers like Del Monte Fiesta corn
1- 15 oz. can of Kidney beans
1- 15 oz. can of Pinto beans
1- 15 oz. can of Black beans
1- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes 
 1- 10 oz. can of Ro tel diced tomatoes with green chilies.

Pour all of the above into the pot, DO NOT STRAIN ANYTHING this is what forms the base liquid for the soup.
Simmer on the stove for 25- minutes until hot and stir every now and then.
Once hot add 8 oz. or more if you like of your favorite cheese and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This is a really good soup no can taste almost tastes home made. 

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Sounds good. I don’t think I could mess that up.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    no smokeing around you
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    I love soups and have a bowl almost every day!  I make a pea soup that takes me 4 hours!!  REALLY great taste.  I'll try your approach in the near future :)
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    Gas-ex for dessert! And certainly a good dose of fiber. I'll have to pass, my system couldn't handle it.  :s  
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I'll try that!

Try oven baked Delimex Beef Taquitos served side-by-side with the middle covered with your choice of one can of chili mixed with 1/4 cup Ketchup, salt, onion and garlic powder to taste, and topped with a salsa of your choice.  Serve with quartered onion and pickled Jalapenos. Slice across Taquitos cutting them in half and eat.
    What's next?
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Sounds good! Also sounds like it might be replete with the requisite methane producers to clear a room.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    I just told my wife that I would try your recipe.  She said it sounds good but she wasn't a fan of the GAS element so don't do it.  You know of course, that means THE GAS ATTACK IS ON!!!!!        :p   
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    After consuming the entire contents of the pot by myself over a day and a half I don't see any extra flatulence issues what so ever. Some beans make you go I guess and some don't. I can't really see where kidney beans would make you fart anything out of the ordinary.  :/  
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing extra, humm, just the same ole same o. :)