In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mark and Patricia McClosky

chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
Gives us a real lesson on how to handle the mob.
Complete story on pjmedia.com.

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Both need firearms training , but what they did worked

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Media making a big deal about experts attacking their firearm safety make a big deal about they would never have been outside with their firearms if the Media stoked animal brigade hadn't broken down a gate to a private area and threatened them while trespassing! Jeez
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Training for sure. They were both handling in a dangerous manner. Odd thing is trial lawyers who had sued police for their clients for “abuse of police powers.”

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited June 2020
    They did some of the derpiest stuff with their guns that I have seen anyone do, but they defended their property after a mob of people stormed onto it and they didn't fire a shot. I call that success.

I've seen a few newsers comment how the crowd was "unarmed". When you have 100:2, "unarmed" really becomes irrelevant.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    I sit in my chair in front of garage with my trusty double barrel and old dog all day??
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm no lawyer, but I believe that, in most states, pointing a gun at someone is considered "assault with a deadly weapon".  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the rioters retain an ambulance chaser to take legal action against the couple with the deep pockets.
    Neal
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    I thought they did great!!!  :D
    What's next?
    nmyers said:
    I'm no lawyer, but I believe that, in most states, pointing a gun at someone is considered "assault with a deadly weapon".  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the rioters retain an ambulance chaser to take legal action against the couple with the deep pockets.
    Neal

Probably true, but it's legal to defend your property and I think pointing a gun without shooting them is going to be allowed.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at one of the videos, you will see one of the looters brandishing what looks like a handgun and another saying he had a gun too.

Doubtful you find the video on MSM because they sympathize with and encourage the looters.
    However: Take this as a teachable moment and realize just how crooked national media really is. Defending the scum and disparaging the McCloskys.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Proper training, proper stance and grip are irrelevant when 100+ mobsters are at your step.  I applaud them for making a stand, more ARMED Americans need to step up and defend their property.  The Police sure has heck ain't going to they are shackled by the mamby-pamby Elected Masters.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
     1st good for them and no one shot 
    I have read where the big networks seem to leave out the peaceful protesters broke down there gate  and were charging the house . 
         I read one article about the house owner's there house was in some magazine with all its wonders seemed to me  like they were at fault for having such a nice house and money pointing guns a the poor protesters . like  playing the entitled angle in favor of  the protesters 
         I also agree some how charges or lawsuits will be brought against the home owners ,  
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    if the lawyers for the protesters got  their houses burnt, would it be a different story  ??
    bpost said:
    Proper training, proper stance and grip are irrelevant when 100+ mobsters are at your step.  I applaud them for making a stand, more ARMED Americans need to step up and defend their property.  The Police sure has heck ain't going to they are shackled by the mamby-pamby Elected Masters.

I mean... they were flagging each other. Some training is definitely warranted.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Neither look like they know what they are doing. I see no extra mags for the AR, fingers on triggers..
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Neither look like they know what they are doing. I see no extra mags for the AR, fingers on triggers..
    I think the guy was out there barefoot...
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost said:

I mean... they were flagging each other. Some training is definitely warranted.
    I agree with that statement.  I regard them highly for what they did to defend their property.  But as a gun owner who has seen the effects of mishandling of guns, all I ask is for a couple of real basics besides the above.

Pointing a gun only when you intend to shoot and keeping your finger off the trigger until you are going to shoot.
  • RidefarRidefar Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    Those  folks look like they have the coin to hire a couple professionals to both train them and hang around and watch their place for awhile just in case the goblins return.
    Oh, and first order of business is to get the mrs. a real gun. Thinking nothing real scary like an AR, maybe a Benelli M-2 Tactical .12 guage with an extended mag.
    Get her a Blackhawk! 45 round bandoleer to throw over her shoulder full of reduced recoil Federal rifled slugs and be good to go for those front door confrontations.
    Nobody should have to put up with this mob nonsense on their own property.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing posts on Facebook making fun of them.....memes and such.   The mustard on the lady's shirt....how she's holding her gun.....where you can buy the clothes to dress like the guy......lots of poking fun of them.      I keep looking at the lady's eyes.   She was terrified.    I don't know what I would do if something were going on that terrified me like that.   I really don't think it would have gone as well as they handled it though.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    nmyers said:
    Neal
    CCW in SC ..if you pull it out and present unless on your own property. Same with long guns. Pointing it at someone will get you arrested.
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭

They are on private property. The street, the sidewalk, all of it. The dip sheet protesters filmed themselves tearing down a gate, that was marked no trespassing, and going through.

There are videos out there of the “peaceful protesters” saying they were going to loot, burn the house, and kill them.

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    IF Trump gets reelected, and that is a big IF,  do you think he could issue an executive order on a hunting season for Antifa members??  Two week season, twice a year, no daily bag limit.  Maybe a bounty??  Maybe throw in another season for commies??   Anyone interested in a guided hunt??     >:)
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    It is a gated community, thus Missouri Castle Doctrine Applies, they were trespassing and all should be arrested. 
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

Of course the slobbering media will say all mobs are peaceful and unarmed and I say to media you are self righteous, traitors.

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not live in a "gated community".  I live in the country.  But yes, we have a metal gate.  If you and 100 or so of your closest friend decide it would be a good idea to break down my gate, enter property that does not belong to you, ignoring the signs about trespassing, while carrying weapons, and loudly threatening to harm me and burn my home- my "brandishing" a firearm would be the very least of your problems.  Remember the "Get off my lawn" scene from Gran Torino?  

Yeah- I'm not as nice as he is.  And there seems to be a lot of information about that confrontation that conveniently gets left out.  But I do know that if you set out to scare a man, you may succeed- and if you do, he may hurt you.   
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    What they did is legal in Missouri.   The Djibouti Female DA is talking some BS about filing charges.
    Their only hope is that, they are Libs and they have stated they are Black Lives Matters supporters.  If they had MAGA hats on,  felony charges would have been filed yesterday you can bet on it.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    What they did is legal in Missouri.   The Djibouti Female DA is talking some BS about filing charges.
    Their only hope is that, they are Libs and they have stated they are Black Lives Matters supporters.  If they had MAGA hats on,  felony charges would have been filed yesterday you can bet on it.
    Glad to hear that what they did in Missouri is legal, Allen.  
    What's next?