In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fauci warns U.S. could see 100,000 new coronavirus cases per day

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Finally, herd immunity that everybody wants here.The Texas lieutenant Governor would be proud! We got to get the economy rolling again. Trump would be Proud too!

serf

https://www.axios.com/fauci-senate-testimony-coronavirus-9d0204a8-f8e5-4deb-a8f7-07dcbd41d11c.html

Fauci warns U.S. could see 100,000 new coronavirus cases per day

Anthony Fauci testified to a Senate committee Tuesday that he would "not be surprised" if the U.S. begins reporting as many as 100,000 new coronavirus cases per day, adding, "I'm very concerned and not satisfied with what's going on because we're going in the wrong direction."

The big picture: The country is currently seeing about 40,000 new cases daily, but that number will rise rapidly "if this does not turn around," Fauci said. He added that the outbreaks in various parts of the country put "the entire country at risk" and "clearly we don't have this under control."

• Earlier in the hearing, Fauci warned that some states are "skipping over" checkpoints in the federal reopening guidelines and that this is leading to new hotspots in states like Texas, Florida and Arizona.

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    We should push for 300 million per day, then it would be over in 2 weeks and we could get back to work. Unfortunately that does not sit well with big pharma, the 4th Reich and the power brokers. 
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    . . . but we still have over 99% survival rate - right?
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    with my age and health condition if i get this chit i am dead....we have hid out here and avoided a much as possible but i go to wichita tomorrow morn to check out what condition my condition is in...WISH somebody could get all this crap right and get everybody to do what needs to be done to survive with out all the BULLS---.....otherwise some where along i am just going to wear out......
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    We have raised a couple of generations that have no concept of personal responsibility and are not capable of making intelligent decisions. As soon as restrictions eased here in Michigan common sense went out the window. Social distancing was forgotten, businesses opened without precautions and outbreaks increased. If we weren't handicapped by having to put up with the lowest common denominators of society we could be a lot closer to getting back to normal. I don't like wearing a mask, practicing social distancing or any of the other precautions, but I can put up with them if it keeps me and those I care about healthy. Bob
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    I think some older adults should flatten the younger generations heads with hammers. They have no brains to bash out.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    spasmcreeksrun, Move over brother, we are in the same boat!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • lpaalplpaalp Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    During a recent period, of 107,000 covid caused deaths, 85% were over age 65.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that when something "might" happen, there's an equally valid chance that it might not.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Fact.
    I know a person who ordered 2 self test kits, came in the mail, they opened them with gloves and masks on. Stuck them right back into the return container. Walah, in a few days the results came back, wait for it-----------------------positive.